1940 Buick Limited Series 90 Limousine

Keith Snyder

PCS Member
Here's something you don't see everyday: a 1940 Buick Series 90 Limited limousine. These Series 90 models were the flagships of the Buick product portfolio and were almost as luxurious as a Cadillac Series 75. These were also popular with funeral directors. This one needs some work and is for sale in Galion, Ohio. It appears to be missing the sidemounts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162346057104?rmvSB=true

40 Buick limousine. 90l model. This is an extremely rare car. Excellent running straight 8 with a great working 3 speed manual. Suicide doors that open and close perfectly. Could be be road worthy with brake work or would make an excellent candidate for a street rod or rat with a big Chevy engine or diesel? ?. Body is in great condition with minimal rust. Fantastic patina. . Unmolested and stock. Spare wheel well covers are at our shop but not pictured. Clear Ohio title ready to go. We prefer cash. Call or text with questions 4I9 96I 865O

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 687
Series 90 Buick Limo

My 1st pro-car (way before I knew what one was)..... was a 1938 Series 90 Buick Limo that our local (Fallbrook, CA) Berry-Bell Mortuary purchased brand new as a family car. Circa 1951 they gave it to the Fallbrook VFD who transformed it "in-house" to a Sedan-Ambulance by removing, welding and re-pinning the RS Center Door Post that then opened with the RR Suicide Door. I bought it from them in 1960 when I was 15 years old for $200.00 and drove it around our family's avocado ranch <without> a license. A few months later I painted it all black with my J.C. Whitney (electric) paint gun and sold it for $600.00 thinking I was quite the astute businessman...... little did I know! MM

Here's something you don't see everyday: a 1940 Buick Series 90 Limited limousine. These Series 90 models were the flagships of the Buick product portfolio and were almost as luxurious as a Cadillac Series 75. These were also popular with funeral directors. This one needs some work and is for sale in Galion, Ohio. It appears to be missing the sidemounts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162346057104?rmvSB=true

From Ebay Add= Spare wheel well covers are at our shop but not pictured

Beautiful cars! I almost like the '41/'42 Buick Series 90s better than the comparable Cadillacs.

Photo of the '41/'42 Series 90s.

Attachments

• 41-Buick-Limited-Mdl-91-TV-10_GC_01.jpg
    41-Buick-Limited-Mdl-91-TV-10_GC_01.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 553
Not too many folks are aware Buick made a serious challenge to Cadillac in 40 and 41 with the Limited. At Harlow Curtis order they contracted with Brunn Body co. For a series of custom models even some Roadmasters In my mind the 41s were spectacular put Cadillac to shame. The 40s were also beautiful made the Caddies look fat and frumpier than they were already. They so upset Cadillac with their efforts the head of Cadillac went to the GM board and said this MUST STOP the board listened and it did. In my lifetime I have flubbed much to my sorrow the chance three times to buy one of these cars. You guys that are better at finding pictures look around on the internet and post some of them these were great cars.

For Pete's sake...........

Attachments

• buick_limited_6-passenger_touring_sedan_5.jpg
    buick_limited_6-passenger_touring_sedan_5.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 289
Thanks nice try Kurt but you missed the target car you pictured is a standard 41 Limited have owned six in my time one still resides in the yard. Google first 1941 Buick Brunn Limited you will be shocked what appears the do the same for 1940 Buick Brunn Limited and 1940 Buick Roadmaster Brunn again lots to see watch it though on the 40 some pictures labeled 40 are actually 41. The 40 Roadmaster Brunn town car came from around here years ago at the yearly New Hope Auto Show the car was for sale for $2k drive it home my wife made me pass it even she regretted passing it later. Again if I were not a computer nerd I would post the pictures the cars are great. Like grandma says in todays Buick commercials "Thats not a Buick!"

Back