1972 Suburban former ambulance

David Henry

PCS Member
Any idea who may have built this originally? Or maybe what service?

From eBay " I'm moving to New York, So This Farm Pick is up for sale. I'm the third owner of this retired Ambulance This was in service in South Dakota tell about ten years back. It never saw salt on the roads tell 3 years back when my dad found this for me in South Dakota "

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Suburban-C10-/322198257463

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 365
looks about the same shape the stoner when I picked it up in PipeStone. parts are around for these and easy to come by if you have the money.

I own this one! It is an ACC, as far as the plaque on the ashtray says. I am in the process of getting it running again after I pulled the engine as soon as I got it in order to fix a bunch of things wrong. My plans are to run and drive it pretty much the way the body looks. Going to lower it 2.5in in the front, unsure of the back right now, would like to go airride all around. The interior still has the linoleum tile in the back on top of the wood floor. The roof panels in the roof are missing, but the sides were it's raised are there, nice stainless and looks original.
I am trying to find everything I can about it's history.

Welcome Randy! I am happy that you will preserve this Suburban and its history. Keep us posted on your progress.

Back