Ambulance thread on another forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Adam! It is great!

Wow! That is one very cool and well organized website. Anybody see familiar cars? I saw quite a few that now belong to PCS members. I also remember seeing that '68 Pinner Cadillac in service back in '77! Did anybody see Paul Steinberg's Pinner Chrysler? How about Rich Litton's '65 Superior Pontiac when it was in service? And on and on and on.

Bill I did a quick glance & immediately found a goregous gold & black 1973 Caddy Superior hightop ambulance and it's light-up signs say "Bucyrus" so I was AMAZED to see an old coach from right here in B-town... now to search for the old '51 Superior... it served somewhere in Morrow county, Ohio. VERY neat site!

index.php

Bill I did a quick glance & immediately found a goregous gold & black 1973 Caddy Superior hightop ambulance and it's light-up signs say "Bucyrus" so I was AMAZED to see an old coach from right here in B-town... now to search for the old '51 Superior... it served somewhere in Morrow county, Ohio. VERY neat site!

index.php

I was admiring this beauty! I never saw it in person, but somewhere along the way I had seen pictures of it before. It is very striking, isn't it?

The photo of the '73 was taken at the 1988 PCS meet in Decatur, IL. This was the car's first appearance at a PCS function and it was mobbed by admirers! At that time, it was owned by Fred Sparks and his wife, Pat. If I remember correctly, they owned a funeral home in Bucyrus.

Here's a sign of the times for ya... The car was for sale at that meet (remember, this was 21 years ago) for $5,000. No takers.

The joke around the showfield was that the car bore incorrect license plates. They should have read "AMPDRAW" !

The photo of the '73 was taken at the 1988 PCS meet in Decatur, IL. This was the car's first appearance at a PCS function and it was mobbed by admirers! At that time, it was owned by Fred Sparks and his wife, Pat. If I remember correctly, they owned a funeral home in Bucyrus.

Thanks for the info Tony! The website indicated only that it's presently owned by a PCS member. Now i'll have to do some digging & see if Fred Sparks & his funeral home are still around. I only lived here in Bucyrus for 3 years & ran into a funeral director @ Taco Bell the other day... I parked my hearse next to his & he seemed not too happy with me or just didn't want to talk, hope it wasn't Fred!
YES Bill... it is VERY striking! Another reason to put wide whites on the '67 Miller-Meteor with stock hubcaps

Here's a sign of the times for ya... The car was for sale at that meet (remember, this was 21 years ago) for $5,000. No takers.

The joke around the showfield was that the car bore incorrect license plates. They should have read "AMPDRAW" !

Tony, I bet you wish you bought it now, hmmm? Oh boy, all of those coulda, woulda, shoulda cars that got away!

"The Rest of the Story..."

Thanks for the info Tony! The website indicated only that it's presently owned by a PCS member. Now i'll have to do some digging & see if Fred Sparks & his funeral home are still around. I only lived here in Bucyrus for 3 years & ran into a funeral director @ Taco Bell the other day... I parked my hearse next to his & he seemed not too happy with me or just didn't want to talk, hope it wasn't Fred!
YES Bill... it is VERY striking! Another reason to put wide whites on the '67 Miller-Meteor with stock hubcaps

That ambulance is indeed still around! Originally owned by REEB Funeral Home of Sylvania, OH -- a firm which apparently made a habit of similarly (and impressively!) adorning their ambulances with emergency equipment (se the picture of their '68 Superior Cadillac below) -- the vehicle was subsequently owned by Fred Sparks of "Bucyrus." He in turn sold it to Larry Robinaugh (also a PCS member) of Robinaugh EMS in Bellefontaine (OH). Robinaugh still owns and maintains this gem today!

Here are a few more images of the car... both 'back in the day' and now.

REEBamb1web.jpg

REEBamb2web.jpg

73SupCadROBINAUGH2005aWEB.JPG

Reeb%20FH%20Toledo%20OH%201968%20SC%20Amb%20Web.jpg

More photos from the 1988 PCS Meet

Here are a couple more images of the '73 Superior in its "BUCYRUS" (1988) configuration...

73SupCadReeb2web.jpg

73SupCadReeb3web.jpg

SAWEEETT! You guys are great! Thanks for ALL the info & pics. Just don't tell Ron I have 10 foot doors on the shop (he already knows how big the shop is LOL)... & these hightop ambulances are starting to appeal to me... especially in that gold & black paint scheme!

Funny, those are my photos from the '88 meet. Amazing how they get around! :cool:

Wow, that was 21 years ago. Seems like yesterday. Alzheimers will do that to you. It got Ed's cows all excited!

Pictures and more pictures...

Funny, those are my photos from the '88 meet. Amazing how they get around! :cool:

Wow, that was 21 years ago. Seems like yesterday. Alzheimers will do that to you. It got Ed's cows all excited!

Those are indeed your photos, Steve; which, like so many of the wonderful images I have in my collection, you very generously shared with me! The two black-and-white/"Reeb"-era images I posted of the ambulance came to me courtesy of our friend, Dr. Roger White, as I recall.

Here are a few more pictures I have which show the car's interior... again courtesy of Dr. White I believe.

REEBamb4web.jpg

REEBamb6web.jpg

REEBamb7web.jpg

Lets not forget the inside........ ;)

Attachments

• 63PinnerChrysler3.jpg
    63PinnerChrysler3.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 219
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back