How to Select the Right Motor Oil

oil is like religion or politics everyone has a different one. but I don't know what 0 was to him I do know if you leave a quart of straight 30 out side and it drops down to 0. f where I live you will be spooning it out. but of a interesting note when I did this same experiment working at the chevy garage in the northern flat lands of SD they did not have 5w-30. 10-30 was the standard so I compared it with a quart of texaco ursula 15-40. set both out side the door and it dropped to around 10 below. the 10-30 would not pour the 15-40 would. I have been using 15-40 ever since in everything I own. your experience may be different.

I had a Uncle that used nothing but 10 wight pennzoil in his since new put 140 thousand miles on his elcoment. said that the bearing surface will only wear enough to allow the oil to pass thew. he would change his oil every 2000 miles also. the rig looked like and ran like a new one when he sold it.

so to me the key is service on a regular schedule and do a complete service, felters and all.

Back