Found out info on my two hearses

so I took the advice and called Joe Bunn at Accubuilt. First of all really cool guy. He found the info for both coaches and emailed them files to me in less than 12 hours. ON HIS VACATION! Thanks for the help. That kinda solidifies me as a Superior man.

My 1986 Superior Sovereign Buick came from Thompson-Wood Funeral Chapel of Penn Yan, NY.

My 1994 Superior Sovereign Cadillac came from Earthman-Fannin FH of Houston,TX.

They built 132 Buicks for the 1986 year and 88 of the Cadillac commercial chassis for 1994.

Can anyone give me the story on both of these firms? I know they're both Dignity now.

Pat
Cann't add any info, just re-enforce that Joe is a great guy and easy to talk to. He was a big help with the a/c shematics for my '86 S&S limo.

Joe and his colleague Craig Zewibel are about the only people in the office who care at all about the older hearses, and are willing to help. There are quite a few of the factory workers, though, who also enjoy seeing the older cars. Joe made a surprise appearance in Hudson this summer. I was shocked! But it's always great to see him.

Unfortunately, it seems that lots of the production data from the '70's and back is lost or thrown out in the move from Kibby St. I was able to visit and tour Kibby some years ago, was really great, like visiting the old M&M plant in Piqua.

Tom

Back