Procar Graveyard Open House 2

10250054_10152403411318221_532589478507983134_n.jpg

Back for a second year due to persistent demand coupled with a temporary property reprieve. Driving a procar is encouraged yet not mandatory!

Third property will cease existing by time event rolls around. Space will be made on second property to move those 20ish procars to. About 100 coaches & parts units among two locations, which equates to less travel between spots.

Changes this year: Two day open house so attendees don't feel as rushed. Please bring spare parts & funerary items so everyone partakes in a swap meet. Feel free to post items here in advance that can be brought.

Once again rooms have been blocked at The Inn at Creedmoor. They held same rate as last year, $69.99 for Friday, Sept 5. (If booking Thursday, Sept 4 and/or Saturday, Sept 6 at same time - they will honor same discounted rate.) Having decided earlier in season this year on event, there is no breakdown of single/double rooms yet. You may choose when reserving. Cut off date for discount is August 5. And yes, their pool will still be open.

Note: New numbers on website for reservations due to technical difficulties. Use 919.618.0590 or 919.618.5288.

http://www.theinnatcreedmoor.com/

Thank you to everyone that has expressed interest. 72 attendees experienced really good prices and great people last year. This event will prove even larger given word of mouth, more '59 acquisitions, and '59 Superiors being available (as of this writing). Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

https://www.facebook.com/events/636922139735160/

10357840_10152403410338221_895585778925554369_n.jpg

Couple awesome food updates! Each worthy of small donations to offset costs - especially if over 100 people attend as RSVPs suggest.

Darryl Thompson is once again making Philly cheesesteaks on Friday night by popular demand.

Saturday night, be in the mood for some good southern BBQ. 200#+ pig will be slow roasted on site over hickory. Process takes 12 hours and will start in wee morning hours. Does it get much better for carnivores? =D

130 RSVPs and 30 maybes so far - potentially much larger than last year.

Spoke with The Inn at Creedmoor this evening. Today was supposed to be last day for discounted room rate but they ARE extending since so many of you have procrastinated reserving rooms! Yes, they added a few more rooms as well. No, a new cut off date was not provided. Best call 'em though!

Booked Thurs-Sunday....I'm raring and ready to go! This event was a blast last year and sure only gonna be better this year. :)

Next week is going to be totally crazy for me, but dad and I are reserved and ready to go. We should be in some time Friday in time to enjoy a cheesesteak. We will be able to hang with you all Friday night, all day Saturday and early Sunday for those up early and ready to go.

It was a great time last year and we are expecting nothing less than the good food and great times with friends that we experienced last year! Thanks for the invite Attila! Hope to se everyone there!

Due to commitments here I can get away from this weekend I won't be able to make it to the open house this year. Everyone have fun, post photos and hopefully I can make it next year. I'll defiantly see ya'll at the 2015 SERM and someplace down the road!

Well, other than atrocious heat and humidity another Procar Graveyard Open House went down flawlessly. It was great to see old friends and meet new ones. We ate and ate and ate with Darryl's cheesesteaks Friday night followed by a pig roast Saturday night. Probably the one of the highlights of the weekend ( and there were many) was my prodding Scotty to air up the tires on this 59 Eureka and letting us push it out. After sitting inside a garage for 22 years she rolled out regally and after minor tinkering fired and ran on vintage gas. :eek:

A huge thanks goes to Scotty and Becky for tolerating all of us for another amazing weekend! :thumbsup:

Pure and unadulterated eye candy. :3some:

59EurekaLandau1WM_zpsa5f27f72.jpg

Back