Storm's a brewin'...

At least that's what it looks like from this radar...

Oh wait, that's an ultrasound :)

Seriously though, I wanted to announce it to my extended family that in late April of 2013, I will officially introduce the newest member of the PCS family. We won't know the gender until early December, but it will be the 24th Borkat in the US (four living generations of us). Being first timers, we're scared as heck, but excited. And if you're wondering, my kid won't know about the garage or toy room until they're in their fifties... Not even sure I'll trust them then either!

By the way, did anyone else notice it looks like it's holding an imaginary steering wheel? Clearly my kid :D

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    93 KB · Views: 727
Congratulations to you Adam and your lovely bride. And I think it is good to be scared as heck, but I bet you guys will be great parents. To tell you the truth, I am a little scared just looking at the image, just kidding.

new parents

Adam,
I am sure you two will do fine as parents. It is okay to be scared the first time. You will get over it. Congrats to you both.
Mike

CONGRATS Jen and Adam !!!

Now there is no need to worry about your parents or your car collections !
They will all go this this little bundle of joy when they arrive in 2013.

Either way, a boy or girl, if they are anything like their parents, they will be super swell people !

All the best and don't worry about anything... it will just be another part of the journey of life. Before you know it, they will be asking for the keys to your favorite car to take it to prom ! Then again for wedding photos !

Life goes quickly... enjoy everyday ! Don't spend time worrying about things that may never happen. Just have a fun time every day.

You sure do have someone special there to enjoy every day with !
Jen is incredible !

Soon you will have a 24/7/365 little one around too. Oh ya, did I forget to tell you for the next 20 years plus the rest of your life !

I see why you are afraid now ! Only kidding !

All the best to you both,
Darren

congrats

remember when mine looked like that. they grow up fast, real fast. mine was just a baby not to long ago and now hes 31. wow im feeling old, hope he hurrys up and gets me somegrandkids while i can still pickem up.

Thanks for sharing this special news

Well I can tell you that your birthday will come faster and faster each year.
I don't think you can imagine the anxiety caused by not knowing the gender of the baby til he or she is born, like us old guys did. So hang in there til next month. You will enjoy Christmas because you'll imagine what it will be like next year. He or she will be old enough to be impressed with the decorations.
My very best to everyone!

Now there is no need to worry about your parents or your car collections ! Darren
I thought of that too. I still plan to build the museum and foundation one day so everyone can enjoy the cars, but I now have someone to help run the place when I get older. And as long as they're nice to me, they'll end up with at least six classic cars one day. Let's hope we still has gas to run them by then!

I will let you have all the fun for me being I never had any children.:alc:
We could always use a babysitter! :D

And now here's a picture I had to post. Many of you who know me well know I love cars beyond what I can explain in words. Not quite an obsession, but if they had rehab for it, I would need to go. So... I decided to start my little one's Hot Wheels and Matchbox collection. Is 3 months prenatal too early?? I can tell you that by the time I was 10, I had about 300 of these. Those are all gone now, passed on to my nieces and nephews, but I now have about 3000 die-cast and model cars I've been collecting since then.

Anyway, these are the 21 cars that will one day be my kid's toys. More importantly, let me explain the groups. The first two rows on the left are cars I just bought off eBay that are the exact same ones I had when I was a kid. This might also help explain my love for almost any car, from 1930's classics to tow trucks to land speed record cars. Many more will be added to this group over time.

The middle row of four cars are modern re-issues of the same cars I played with. The colors and wheels have changed, but I like them just as much as I had liked mine.

The last two rows on the right are all newer cars, designed and sold within the last few years. The significance of these though is that these are the cars I hope my kid will be particularly fond of, the way I am today. Police cars and race cars are just there because I like them. But for the others and if all goes well, my kid will get my real hearse, Lotus, and Beamer one day, so I'd like to get them started on these especially early :)

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 244
Adam and Jen, congratulations!! There is nothing quite like it. Jen has two great boys, my stepsons, who are entering teenage years, and our 18 month old daughter. It makes life fly by, but what a blast. Best of luck!

Ummm... what Darren said!

Congrats, don't worry about being a worried first timer, your collections will be fine for now ;), hope the little one enjoys the cars as much as you do and most importantly, do what any parent does the best... Raise your child the best that you can and instill in him/her your ideals, your standards and your morals and you will raise your kid to be a great person!

It takes time and it takes effort to raise a child, but the benefits, as you see them grow into adults are incredible. Cherish every moment that you can!

Wishing you and your wife the best! Hope everything goes well for everyone!

Just got the news yesterday :D

its-a-boy.jpg

Congratulations Adam and Jen.

You will be ownderful parents and I bet the kid in not only in the garage, but driving the car (at least in your lap) by age 4 just like mine did.

Back