'75 Miller Meteor Duplex (nearly) complete

John Burchfield

PCS Life Member
This project has been a long time in the making, but I was very excited to pick the car up from Gordy's in late June. A busy summer made for slow going in getting some details completed. Still to do are installing the cot bar and an electronic siren to compliment the original underhood 28, new a/c compressor, making new drapes, finding some "ambulance stuff" for the rear compartment, and fine tuning the beacon installation. There have also been some cobwebs to shake out: a clogged fuel filter, new fuel pump that delayed her return from NC last week (Jamie Boles & sons to the rescue there-another example of PCS friends helping out each other!) and who knows what else. It's kinda fun in these cars how long-dormant things come to life as you get them on the road. I remember the thermometer light (on the LH mirror) coming on while bringing my '83 Fleetwood limo home, and the fuel gauge light suddenly coming on in the '81 Victoria one night! Hopefully the fuel light will do likewise in this '75 as I don't relish lifting up the dash to replace the bulb. A flashlight might work just fine instead. On w/ the photos: Gordy transformed this from a sweet running/riding car, but oh that rust! ::stars:

Attachments

• IMG_0791_1_1.jpg
    IMG_0791_1_1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 708
Sorry I don't know if/how you can insert captions between pictures, so I'm doing it in the form of attachments. ....to this:

unannounced heightening of Miller-Meteor side windows in the '73 or '74 m.y. foiled plans of using the panels from the '72 parts car oops. they sure look good anyway.

baby gets new (Kuhmo) shoes

a little PCS board researching for reference photos and Gordy's good eye got the M-M nameplates affixed correctly

Attachments

• IMG_1368_1_1.jpg
    IMG_1368_1_1.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 679
  • IMG_1369_3_1.jpg
    IMG_1369_3_1.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 626
  • IMG_1378_1_1.jpg
    IMG_1378_1_1.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 668
  • IMG_1418_2_1.JPG
    IMG_1418_2_1.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 654
This view right before I hit the road for NC last weekend made me think of a Walt McCall-esque caption: "a 1975 Miller-Meteor Classic Duplex combination poses in an idyllic setting"

OK, I'll quit bragging for a while. Gotta show off the new iron a little, though!

Attachments

• IMG_1442_1_1.jpg
    IMG_1442_1_1.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 734
Wow!

That car is stunning! Ive never been a huge fan of the 75-76 Cadillacs but that limousine styling really really really makes this body style stand out! The car is something to be very proud of!

John, it looks great. Well worth the wait. I remember the last time i saw pics of that car, it was sitting in the body shop looking kinda sad. Beautiful, hope you enjoy it.

Josh

great car

John,
Great looking car. Hope to see it up close, maybe Ohio in 2011?
Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.
Mike

so who is more happy you have the car him or you!! know that feeling when you lost one you have been close to for that long. hate to love to see her go. looks like he did it up right though sharp car. hope I can do as well on this 68 I have now.

Beautiful car John! What kind of "ambulance stuff" do you need?

Thanks Jon. I have a cot, but a floor holder for an oxygen tank (can see the three holes and ring where one once was at the head of the cot), Lifepak defibrillator/monitor (hah- I guess these are kind of rare), portable suction unit, and whatever else I might be forgetting. I realized a while back how MUCH some folks have in their ambulances. My hightop came w/ most of its cabinets full of supplies and a built in and portable Rico suctions, but my combinations are kinda bare.

John,
Great looking car. Hope to see it up close, maybe Ohio in 2011?
Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.
Mike

Thanks Mike. Yes, Ohio 2011 is kinda the idea for this car. I think I might have to install a cruise control - it's tiring holding my right leg at the correct angle for very long, even though the seat is more comfortable than the older cars. I think M-M was finally using Cadillac front seats by this time. I wonder if a six way power seat motor from a deVille or Fleetwood could be adapted to a pro-car bench seat?

Wow

Doc,
What a beautiful car, I cannot wait to see it in person. I probably go overboard on combo equipment. I think mine are better equipped than the ones I worked out of back in the day. Of course I have my jump kit and O2 but a Laerdal portable suction, board, air and traction splints. OB kit, oral pharyngeal lifesaver kit, combi tube ( I know it is not period correct) defibrillator I have a Lifepack 5 and a couple others, folding cots short board, long board, board straps, head blocks (I know they are not period correct) bed pan urinal CPR board and some cars have stair chairs. Pull behind equipment trailer optional

Doc,
What a beautiful car, I cannot wait to see it in person. I probably go overboard on combo equipment. I think mine are better equipped than the ones I worked out of back in the day. Of course I have my jump kit and O2 but a Laerdal portable suction, board, air and traction splints. OB kit, oral pharyngeal lifesaver kit, combi tube ( I know it is not period correct) defibrillator I have a Lifepack 5 and a couple others, folding cots short board, long board, board straps, head blocks (I know they are not period correct) bed pan urinal CPR board and some cars have stair chairs. Pull behind equipment trailer optional

Lets not forget your "suction cups".........:yankchain:

I've always thought these #184-HD beacons looked great on the '71-up combinations, especially the '75-up models with rectangular headlights.

I've always thought these #184-HD beacons looked great on the '71-up combinations, especially the '75-up models with rectangular headlights.

Thanks, Steve- that was my thinking too. I actually had never seen a 184 on a combination, but had seen a picture or two of that arrangement. My other combos have various Beacon Rays, so I wanted something different and a bit more modern to go w/ the rectangular '75 lines! This light certainly has a bigger footprint than a BR, but I'm happy so far with it.

The 184 certainly compliments the lines of the car. Did you have to trim the skirt yourself?

A couple of hidden grill lights or strobes would'nt look bad either. But then again, I like bright flashy things.:071:

Back