loading lights door jam switch

Looking for door switch for my loading lights on a 76 Superior Cadillac 54" or any ideas where superior sourced them from another application. Thank you for your help

Attachments

• 20131014_123156.jpg
    20131014_123156.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 164
they are a simple spring loaded contact switch which is no longer available anywhere. cardboard bake-a-light and brass is all they are. so if you drop it into the water base rust dissolver it will clean the corrosion out of it. you work it hard using large amounts of wd-40 will get it working also for a bit. I have taken them apart and cleaned them and put them back together also. but you run the risk of damaging the plate and might not be able to reuse the copper rivets. a pen sprign will work if yours is rusted to were it won't work

Attachments

• IMG_3520a.jpg
    IMG_3520a.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 137
The original switches were made by Cuttler Hammer, although almost everyone thinks that the CH marking on the switch is for Cole Hersee. I searched the Cuttler Hammer switch catalog looking for the switch, and gave up, because without a part number, it is impossible to determine where in the catalog the switch is located, or if it were still available. There was also an aluminum spacer that was located behind the switch it the door didn't have enough contact with the tab to depress it fully.

where is the button to thank someone for a posting? I've used it before and I see other people still using so I know its still here but I cant seem to find it!!

Lower right hand corner of every post, except for one that you are making. It isn't possible to thank yourself.

Paul, All I have is "Quote, Multi-Quote, Quick reply" in the lower right corner of posts' ??

It took a lot of digging to figure this out. The reason that you don't see the "Thanks" button in other peoples posts, is because you have only 5 posts to your account, and you need to have 10 posts. I suggest that you make another 5 posts to either the General Forum, or the technical forum. Posts in the eBay forum, or the Craigslist forum don't count to your total forum posting count.

here is the pictures of the switch after I cleaned it up. you can see how the holes in the contacts have gotten ate out. a drop of solder and you can file them back to shape. the only replacement universal switch I have found is the button one. you can trim the flange to the same shape as the original one and they don't look that much out of place. but a lot of times they are the wrong shape to catch what the longer knife edge did.

Attachments

• IMG_3522a.jpg
    IMG_3522a.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3513a.jpg
    IMG_3513a.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 34
Back