This should keep y'all busy....

Tom Norton Ads....

30ac048.jpg

Love the 71 S&S with formal drapes in a combo.....screams southern car.

2qjvoli.jpg

And last.....thanks to Steve Loftin for this one.....

2mfnfvr.jpg

Every once in awhile I stumble across a really cool image. This one fits the bill.
Being an ex Floridian I still find aspects of Florida intriguing. Philbrick Funeral Home was a prominent firm in Miami ages ago. I knew at one time they had a Curtis Aerocar (as did Rhodes Funeral Home in St Pete) for toting wealthy invalid clients back and forth from northern locations. John Rhodes was never able to find me any pictures of his firms old fleets. Philbricks Aerocar was donated to the University of Miami ages ago with one of his old hearses. I never saved information on the Aerocar when it was disposed of by the College as Ted Vernon, a car dealer in Miami sold it for them. Imagine my elation when I stumbled across this tiny image from a page this morning. While Curtis Aerocars arent procars they did play a part in a few funeral homes histories and alone are interesting in themselves.

6iclc5.jpg

I know many of y'all saw one at the Peterson while in California. Not many people know they were used by at least 2 funeral homes for invalid transport.

More reading on the Aerocars......toggle back to page 31 for start of article :)

http://books.google.com/books?id=zs...v=onepage&q=curtiss aerocar philbrick&f=false

Posted pictures

Thanks Carey for the pics...interesting tidbit that several of the 50's Chrysler products were pictured infront of the "Beverly Hillbilly" Mansion. This would have pre-dated the show. The home was/is still known as the Kirkeby Mansion and is actually located in Belair instead of Beverly Hills. While I barely remember the show in its later years, I love the re-runs and I always thought the mansion would make a dandy funeral home!!!

From the Walt McCall Collection....

1960 Seibert Ford
2h52zc7.jpg

And a raised roof model....
209kobk.jpg

Kevin Lyons STUNNING 63 Seibert
9r7xpf.jpg

The 62 National Ford Tony K shot a few months back...wonder where it is now?
358cod3.jpg

Thanks for over 3000 views.

Roof light or optical illusion?

Another Ford or 2 from Alden Jewell's collection...The 60 is awesome!

2dtaz55.jpg

2coq16h.jpg

I love good quality imagery :cool:
Thanks for beautiful old pics. On the 1960 Siebert Ford, I can't tell if that's a small warning light (Grimes?) in the middle of the roof over the patient compartment, and it's driving me nuts. Can anyone help identify that light? Thanks.
Tom Nangle
Chicago:confused:

Thanks for beautiful old pics. On the 1960 Siebert Ford, I can't tell if that's a small warning light (Grimes?) in the middle of the roof over the patient compartment, and it's driving me nuts. Can anyone help identify that light? Thanks.
Tom Nangle
Chicago:confused:
Ok, call me crazy but there is a chance that light is an early model Whelen. They got into the emergency lighting business after producing aircraft beacons. If I'm not mistaken, one of their first vehicle mounted rotators was put on a police motorcycle after a motor officer was killed during bad weather. The style of the light on the 60 is close to an early aircraft beacon.

Further mystery on 60 Ford Siebert

And how about the tunnel lights on that 60 Ford Siebert---what kind of lenses are those? I'm thinking something off a Chrysler Imperial from the late 50's. Any ideas?

And how about the tunnel lights on that 60 Ford Siebert---what kind of lenses are those? I'm thinking something off a Chrysler Imperial from the late 50's. Any ideas?
I'm not sure about the tunnel lights but the following is an exerpt from Whelen's history page:
"Whelen Engineering began in 1952 when George W. Whelen developed a rotating aircraft “anti-collision beacon.” This original concept was expanded to create a magnetic mounted beacon used by police, public safety, fire departments, and, to convert hearses to ambulance service!".

Back