Ohio meet @ Mansfield Reformatory!

Mr. Dwayne Brooks...

I have a question for you.

Is there a limit or a time restriction for the special PCS tour times Sunday morning. I have already indicated that my wife and I will be there, but a friend would also like to travel out with us. Are you keeping an official count? Would 2 more people make much of a difference? Let us know if you would.

Thanks for getting this all set up and ready.
It will be a great weekend!

Charles, the tours in general don't begin until 11am and we get our own personal guides... however they haven't mentioned times yet for us. I will ask them your question tonight as I have been in contact with them daily. If for some reason your group misses our private tours they do have tours all day long.

Here's another update for the day of the show

The Reformatory concession stands will have the following:
Hot Dogs
Brats
soda
chips
Ice cream novelties

The concessions are outside, just behind our car show field area. This will make it very convenient so we don't have to leave for lunch!

The Reformatory is having a lady set up inside that collects vintage mourning items, she's out of the Cleveland area. Also the Reformatory is reaching out to their media contacts to try to get some news crews and newspaper reporters to attend. I have have no luck with media commitments so far.

Remember to try to be there PROMPTLY at 9am Sunday. I will try my best to make sure someone is available to let in those who are running behind schedule. Their head of operations will greet us at the gate around 8:45am

Man... I really wish I would have seen the post before now, I would have flown down since my car isn't running at the moment. I've wanted to tour that since I seen "The Shawshank Redemption" too bad I can't drive my coach. I hope to meet all of you members soon, hopefully I'll have my coach running by the international meet but until then now that I got my computer back I will be on here more! Keep the pictures coming guys I love looking at em and drooling since I cannot be there!

Jonathon

Jonathon..... I'm sure there will be LOTS of pictures from this weekend to enjoy. hurry and get your pro-car running Milwaukee is only 2 1/2 months away !!!!

I really wish I could come, it sounds like you guys are going to have a good group and a good time. (It's close enough I could have come, but I had a previous committment for this weekend, so....) Hope you have a great weekend!

My contact @ the Reformatory, Rebecca, offered us a 90 minute tour after the prison closes to the public @ 5pm. This may not work because of so many of you coming in from out of town and having to travel home on sunday. I've asked for an earlier time unless you all feel 5pm is good and we'd have the whole place to ourselves. More news as it unfolds...

So far we have the open invite to Kingwood Center from 1pm - 5pm for self-guided tours @ $5 a carload on Saturday. There's many restaurants in the area of our "host motel" @ I-71 & rt. 13 if we want to plan a saturday dinner together.

Dwayne, I talked to Don Beyer and Gwyn Jones tonight. They both are planning on coming and bringing their hearses. I just talked to Carl Thompson too. He's a definite maybe and he will bring one of his limos if he doesn't have a limo job that day.

Looks like this is going to be a really big meet. See you on Sunday!

Last edited:
Dwayne, Thanks for all the time & effort you have put into this meet. I had some schedule juggling to finish before I could commit but I am planning on being there Sunday A.M. with my family (4) and Suburban ambulance. Do you know if a dog would be allowed on the grounds? We would like to bring her, but if not,I must find a sitter. Also, I have a few items that I would like to trade/sell (not during show hours) if that is O.K? Hope to see you all there. Thanks again. Mark:):)

My contact @ the Reformatory, Rebecca, offered us a 90 minute tour after the prison closes to the public @ 5pm. This may not work because of so many of you coming in from out of town and having to travel home on sunday. I've asked for an earlier time unless you all feel 5pm is good and we'd have the whole place to ourselves. More news as it unfolds...

So far we have the open invite to Kingwood Center from 1pm - 5pm for self-guided tours @ $5 a carload on Saturday. There's many restaurants in the area of our "host motel" @ I-71 & rt. 13 if we want to plan a saturday dinner together.

I would be good for this as not leaving till monday morning but would be afraid it is a way to trap us in there and nobody would know we were there.

I am not leaving until Monday morning either, so after 5 works for me, but I am sure there are other folks that will be leaving after the show.

I don't plan on leaving until Monday either so I am good with that.

Whatever works best for everyone.

Digger plans on coming too.

Darren

P.S.
Danny, I have a 6x12 enclosed trailer so I will be ready for ya !!!
Tom, I need to pick up a bunch of stuff so the 60 won't be there this time.

hey Dwayne is the after closing tour a full tour ? what I mean is .... is it all the different tours all in one ???? I know they have different tours like the Tower tour can u find out ?? also count us in for the late tour as well

getting home a few hours later won't make a big difference to us

thanks for EVERYTHING you have done Dwayne :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

see you Sat

c u in Mansfield

Mansfield is only days away. I plan on getting there in the early morning on Sunday.
See you there.
Mike

Ohio PCS members, it's time for the annual membership drive again. I mailed the latest newsletter and membership renewal forms to everyone today. I'll be at the meet in Mansfield this Sunday, so if you want to pay in cash or bring a check to the event, that works for me. See you then!

Funeral Home Tour

I have made arrangements for a Funeral Home tour at the Wappner funeral home in Ontario on Saturday. Bill Wappner has agreed to show us their Horse Drawn hearse that they have on display and give us a tour of their funeral home.

the only thing is that it has to be on Saturday morning ( 11am ) as Bill has prior arrangements in the afternoon.

so if anyone is interested let me know I'm staying at the Travelodge on Hanley Rd

Back