Pictures of pictures

Tom Hoczyk

PCS Past President
These are photographs of old B&W photos that I took several years ago. All are Superior related. Among the photos, you can see the giant Lake Eric press that pressed out roof and side sections for decades at Superior on Kibby Street, Lima OH, then eventually moved to Accubuilt's current plant in the industrial park, ultimately removed and most likely scrapped. (yes, a real shame)

Also shown are some Superior Pontiacs in Koscuisko, Mississippi. Another is a '63 or '64 Cadillac at the Kibby Street Superior plant, and finally, new owners taking delivery of some '58's. I had the great good fortune to be able to visit the original Kibby Street plant many years ago, before Superior built their current plant in the industrial park. Tom

Attachments

• DSC_0102.jpg
    DSC_0102.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 274
  • DSC_0106.jpg
    DSC_0106.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 279
  • DSC_0107.jpg
    DSC_0107.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 278
  • DSC_0108.jpg
    DSC_0108.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 278
  • DSC_0111.jpg
    DSC_0111.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 281
  • DSC_0255.jpg
    DSC_0255.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 276
Thanks for this post Tom, love seeing the factory build photos! I'll take some pictures to add to this thread of the huge stamping presses we use @ work nowdays.

Would love to have pix of the stamping press at Honda's East Liberty, Ohio plant. It is the third-largest in the world, it throws out roof panels & doors like they're little toys. Three stories high and nearly the size of a football field in mass.

Why are the new owners so grumpy looking in the last pictures? I would be happy if I were picking up a new hearse...or happier picking up a 1958 hearse in the same condition as the ones in the picture!

Back