My Ambulance Is Here!

it would look to me that the original color was orange then went to blue then to green. but a vary complete car. has the center of the rear bumper been cut? I cant quite tell what the have modified in it.

it would look to me that the original color was orange then went to blue then to green. but a vary complete car. has the center of the rear bumper been cut? I cant quite tell what the have modified in it.

The way I understand it, the original color is green to go with the interior, then it was changed to orange and then to it's current color, which is actually turquoise, although the pictures look like blue. As for the rear bumper, your guess is as good as mine.

Wow, I have never seen an overhead switch panel like this on a Superior. Has anyone else?

attachment.php

As for the rear bumper, they were all cut and widened to accommodate the body. Some are "hidden" by the step bumper, some not so much. Here's the back bumper of my '64 Superior, you can see the addition in the middle.

Attachments

• 64SupPontSL4 - Copy.jpg
    64SupPontSL4 - Copy.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 324
that makes sense on the bumper. all I could tell was that something was cut and a different piece add in. the door james are the tattle tail on the order of colors. but you can see that from the overspray on the inner fender that orange has been sprayed there at some time. you get to stripping it and you will know for sure. if she has been shot 4 times already these there a good thick layer on it. the switch panel may have been at the request of someone that had previous experience with the superior plastic one. but it is strange one to see there. all in all a nice car to work with and a pleasure to see one of a different color

Wow, I have never seen an overhead switch panel like this on a Superior. Has anyone else?

attachment.php

As for the rear bumper, they were all cut and widened to accommodate the body. Some are "hidden" by the step bumper, some not so much. Here's the back bumper of my '64 Superior, you can see the addition in the middle.

Thanks for the clarification on the rear bumper Steve.

As for the overhead switches, I certainly have never seen that on a Superior. I was sort of disappointed, because I was expecting the switches up on the dash.

My ambulance is here

The overhead switch panel doesn't look factory, possibly home brewed. I can't remember seeing any overhead switches in that era ambulance. Miller-Meteor Criterions are the only ones that come to mind with such a configuration.

Years ago I bought a rolled over 65 Superior high top on Long Island Taped a passenger windshield on with some cardboard at the top to make up the gap drove it home. It had the switch panel at the top center with rocker switches Sure it was factory as unit was perhaps three years old at the time.

Back