1971 Cadillac Hearse

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Cadillac-Other-/291657863227?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

In the Fall of 2015, I saw this vehicle driving on I-25 in Colorado Springs...It was cruising at about 75mph easily...I caught up and waved...the coach seemed mechanically sound...left lane, left me in the dust...
I saw it on craigslist, for around the same price as the buy-it-now on ebay, in December...I called about it; the seller offered it to me over the phone for slightly less than the reserve (if memory serves)...He explained that the graphic is a printed vinyl sticker. He stated that it cost the previous owner around $3800 to have the sticker printed and applied. He said that he is not sure what the body/paint is like under the sticker (if memory serves)...
He seems like a good guy...

"This unique car was used in Georgia for a haunted house Shocksville. The vinyl wrap cost them $3500. and is covered with a haunted house, gouls, vanpires, goblins, zombies, etc. Reportedly they owed the bank $8000. on it so the bank too it back It is a little scary and at Halloween we have had a blast with it. Also featured in parades and on T.V. for the Emma Crawford Coffin Races. It is the only one in the world like it. It has been overhauled has a low mileage 500 cc engine, has new Edelbrock carb, and lots of other improvements. It still needs more-like the heat and A.C. and horn + other cosmetics...has some rust here and there-...runs great-just went 90 m.p.h. in it trying to catch a plane in Denver.
This hearse weighs in at 6500 pounds. It's great for delivery and for antique buying....you can get a whole dining room set in it from a yard sale. We put some magnetic sticksrs advertising our town Florence as the Capitol of Antiques as we sell dead people's stuff. I have used it for a daily driver so you could probably figure on driving it home-otherwise have it transported since it is constantly in need-now having the speedo cable fixed and the hood locks put on . There are some newer tires that a friend wants $150.00 for the set of 4. I realize that this car has become a money pit having spent $12,000 on it already so I'll be realistic and start the bid at $3995.00 with no reserve!"

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 290
it a straight Hears unless I'm looking at different pictures. but except for the molding gone and the seat needing redone if you were looking for a easy project it might be worth the money if one could get it for the opening bid that is. .

it would appear as you get to looking that it's been redone. so who could say what it was when miller let it go

This guy is all over the map with his buy it now price...it keeps changing; it just went up to $8,765.41....he offered to sell it to me over the phone for $3500.00!!!!!!
I am keeping my resources for a specific coach that I am hoping to buy, but I maintain a curiosity about others that are for sale. I like the late 60's and early 70's coaches, so I pay attention to them.

I said that I like the late 60's, early 70's coaches...I will eventually purchase one...someday...However, I am currently interested in acquiring a 58. My wife enjoys the hobby. I consider myself lucky. She likes the looks of the late 50's coaches the best...(I like them too!!). Of the late 50's coaches, I like the 58 Cadillac the most.

Back