1942-48 Flxible Buick and other 42-48 buick pro cars.

Hello I'm new here and I'm looking for any pictures of the 1942-48 Flxible Buick Pro cars along with any other Buick Pro cars from those years. Any info or production number info would also be greatly appreciated! Thanks I hope to own a 46-48 some day. But production numbers are low and many did not survive. I traced down a local lead on 46-48 Flxible Buick hearse but found out I was 12 years too late and it had been scrapped. Thanks anything would be greatly appreciated. I love Buick cars in general especially 46-48 cars and have had a 48 roadmaster 4 door sedan with a dynaflow trans and currently am working on a 47 special 2 door Aero Sedan.

The Buick professional car years you are interested in we're covered pretty extensively in issue 142 of the club publication, "The Professional Car", which came out in late 2011. Since it was so recent, back issues should still be available. I forget how to get them, but someone here will surely chime in with the information. About 2/3 of the issue was devoted to the 42-48 Flxible Buicks.

John would be the man to ster you in the right direction. those set of buicks were my favoret also.

Attachments

• 1948 flexable combo.1.jpg
    1948 flexable combo.1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,383
Came across this rust free weathered original Flxible in South Texas a few years ago. After 6-8 months of trying to receive a price on something that was allegedly for sale I stopped calling.

69253_10151481592053221_897797738_n.jpg

Quick question are the Flxible pro cars on a normal Roadmaster chassis or a stretched one as the pics I've seen when compared to a Roadmaster all the pro cars seem much larger?If they were stretched I'm curious as to how much and where? Also its ok to post the AJ Miller pro cars here to I like them all!

Quick question are the Flxible pro cars on a normal Roadmaster chassis or a stretched one as the pics I've seen when compared to a Roadmaster all the pro cars seem much larger?If they were stretched I'm curious as to how much and where? Also its ok to post the AJ Miller pro cars here to I like them all!

Ryan, In 1942 and 1946 Flxible used chassis from both the Roadmaster and Super. For model years 1947 and 1948, they used only the Roadmaster chassis. They extended the chassis of these cars at the factory in Loudonville. These chassis were extended by 35 5/8-inches to obtain a wheelbase of 165-5/8 inches on the Roadmaster-based Premiers and 159-5/8-inches on the Super chassied Sterling models. As someone has already said, all of this information appeared in The Professional Car, issue 142, fourth quarter 2011. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but, I believe that back issues of the magazine are available from the club store keeper, Mat Taylor, for $8 each.

Back