'65 Limo door question

Jim Staruk

Super Site Supporter
Super Site Supporter
Does anyone know how to open the rear door from the inside of a 1965 Cadillac Series Seventy-Five limousine? I assumed the rear handle slide either forward or towards the rear to open the door but the inside handle is stationary. I'm thinking they are rusted solid but it the same on both doors on both cars. Jim

Attachments

• Handle.jpg
    Handle.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 212
If I'm not mistaken the handle slides one way or the other to open the rear doors on those. If lock plungers are down it may keep them from sliding as well.

If I'm not mistaken the handle slides one way or the other to open the rear doors on those. If lock plungers are down it may keep them from sliding as well.

No, I had to be "saved" by someone opening the door from the outside, so the plunger was up (un-locked)

Last edited:
They slide only one direction and that is toward the rear of the car. This is the way they function on my '57 limo, '61 limo and '62 limo. I think they changed to regular door handles in 1966.

They can be a little tough to pull but should not require too much force. There is a good chance that something is preventing them from moving i.e. rust, grease/dirt build-up. Probably best to pull the door panels and have a look.

The person in the back of the car was not supposed to open the door from the inside anyway, the driver was. Okay, kidding, just had to say that. My car has regular inside door handles, so can't help you on this one. Hope you get it figured out, though. Would love to see a picture of the entire car...hint, hint.

Back