62 M-M Guardian Ambulance - Auction

We were out and about yesterday and our travels took us by both the Summit and Wolohan locations. There were still quite a few vehicles at Summit and quite a few more at Wolohan's. There were several trucks (wreckers) loading at Avery.

I would think they would have all been "moved/removed" by now.

We were told at the auction that we had seven days (Starting with Monday) to remove the vehicles - after that, storage would be charged. You had four days to remove the vehicles from the Summit Raceway - after that they were being towed (at the buyer's expense) due to another event being held at the track.

I picked my second truck up the Wolohan's yard on Friday morning about 8:30am - a lot of vehicles were gone (I'd say 65 - 70 percent) - and there was a steady flow of people in to get their purchases while I was loading up. I think this past weekend would probably be fairly heavy with activity for those who had to work during the week.

The second purchase is below - 1958 (I said '62 earlier) Studebaker Transtar Deluxe 2 ton truck out of Montana. Body is very solid - something is up with steering - the steering box is apart and strewn across the cab of the truck. Motor is free, but I was unable to attempt to start - they took the starter off to get the steering gearbox off, and it is missing.

On a positive note, the white truck tractor I brought home fired right up with a battery and a little diesel fuel - needs a few things before I can take it for a spin up the road.

Attachments

• 1958 Studebaker Transtar 0717.jpg
    1958 Studebaker Transtar 0717.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 289
I understand that the '62 M-M Guardian now resides in a Texas collection where it will soon be restored. Glad to hear it!

Back