62 M-M Guardian Ambulance - Auction

A Guardian? For sale? I believe you read that right. At an upcoming Vanderbrink auction, this photo was posted. It looks to be a 1962 M-M Cadillac Guardian ambulance.

The auction is from a collector in Ohio, who had over 700 vehicles. It's July 15-16.

Here's the link to the auction.

020.JPG

There's also a '48 (?) Henney Packard ambulance, a very unusual early-50s Studebaker airport limo, and a 46-48 S&S (?) combo.

0260.JPG

013.JPG

0293.JPG

Last edited:
This looks like it could be the '62 M-M Guardian that was in Phoenix!

What a fun auction! Some extremely cool iron on this auction!

I would say that it is the same rig. Note the same after-market rectangular mirror on the passenger side, missing roof lights in the front, etc.

Attachments

• Guardian.jpg
    Guardian.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 2,022
In fact same rig that DVAP sold in '96 or '97 before moving to new location which had not surfaced since.

A close friend in nearby Sandusky has spoken of Hackenberger collection for years. Never once mentioned procars located within.

I suspect several of us will attend this sale....

You guys are welcome to the Guardian, but there are a few other things there that I could sink my teeth into. That little Clipper wagon, for one. One of those Divco's for another.

Horders are a different mind set. Be it dogs, cats ,horses or cars. Why gather up stuff you never want to repair or use.

At least it looks like these cars were pretty well preserved after the current owner acquired them. Most of them look to be in dry, indoor storage.

I will never understand those that hoard cars thinking that they are preserving them, but leave them sitting outside where they continue to rot into the ground.

Mystery solved......

Well, this post solves a mystery that has had me stumped for the past several months. Back in the summer a whole lot (probably 40 to 50) of very diverse and extremely unusual vehicles appeared on the site of the old Norwalk Bargain Center on RT. 250 on the north side of Norwalk.

Then in the fall, a bunch more appeared on the old Wolohan Lumber lot in Avery, including about 8 Divcos. The day I spotted them, we didn't have a camera with us. Next time we went over that way we took the camera, but Certain-Teed Corp. (right next door) had jammed the front part of the lot full of shingles. We weren't able to any kind of photos due to heavy brush along the fence, and shingles blocking the rest of the view. I've planned on going over there when the shingles move out and before the brush grows in and get some photos.

Now I've got more information, I can do some detective work on this project. Those Divcos appear to be in fairly good shape. I'm real curious where the indoor storage photos were take....a visit to the local Fire Chief should get me that answer.

More information to follow when I get it.

I just had Barb look at the indoor photos and she says they are inside the old Norwalk Bargain Center, I can't argue with her..... looks like it.

I just had Barb look at the indoor photos and she says they are inside the old Norwalk Bargain Center, I can't argue with her..... looks like it.

Does that mean that these cars and trucks are going to be sold at bargain prices??

I have a feeling this will end up being one of the big stories for the PCS in 2017. Hopefully there won't be too big of a bidding war and someone who truly appreciates it will get a fair deal. I have a feeling bidding will go high enough to discourage any rat-rodders though.

I am not as concerned with the selling prices as I am with having them end up in the hands of someone who will properly restore and care for them. I am content with watching from afar!

However, I am willing and able to assist the new owner with some of the rig's lighting needs!!

Attachments

• federal 18s.jpg
    federal 18s.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 465
Starting the hipe this early will print out the craziness of people. As the Nebraska auction did.big money buying just to out bid each other.

Auctions like this one is what Yvette does best!! No one gets more money for project cars than she does! She is definitely the one to use in selling large collections like this!

I used to get her monthly/quarterly e-mails that went out to everyone on her mailing list. Her grammar/spelling/usage were atrocious! Someone must have finally told her to either stop doing it or have someone else do it for her.

Ed,
I have gotten to where I can understand everything that you write! It's kinda scary! Lol

There is a big difference in that Yvette's e-mails were used to promote her business. This (PCS) site is just social. Yvette is getting better at identifying the vehicles that she sells as to year/make/model. Early on, she often didn't hit it within 5 years. I think that some of her naivety worked in her favor with her buyers.

Back