my turn for revenge

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
those guys in Min have been comming over to SoDak and stealing the cream of the pro car crop for years now. it's about time some one got them back.:071: I discovered that if you get in you truck early enough you can be in Pipe stone Min loaded up and back on this side of the state by 12:30 am. home buy 1:30
so now what do I have it's one more of the Mystery cars. the more I Look the more it says Wayne to me. the top looks right. the hardware I have left looks right. the rear step all most looks CB. but check it out here a give me your thoughts.no tags any were its a 70 year model built by GM in jun of 70.
http://www.dropshots.com/jer57747#date/2010-09-28/15:25:21

Attachments

• IMG_5361c.jpg
    IMG_5361c.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_5363c.jpg
    IMG_5363c.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_5364.JPG
    IMG_5364.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_5365.jpg
    IMG_5365.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_5367.JPG
    IMG_5367.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 257
Hey, great save, Ed! I'm glad to see you're loading up on vehicles out there so when we come to visit, we have lots of rigs to drive!

Looks like a Stoner to me...

The sharp "bow" of the roof was a unique Stoner feature. I'm with Tony on this one.

Glad I did not run that up on you

That was nearly another Stevens-Devies venture. Stevens found it Devies was gonna buy it. Well Money Bags put the brakes on it and I did not break the piggy bank.

joint venture

Ron,
The good thing here is we will get to see it from time to time. I will start looking for something else for you Ron. I will be on my way to Hershey in about a week.
Congrats to ED. And ED please remember Suburban parts do not fit Cadillacs.
Mike

:pat:

OK the pointed front roof is a stoner thing. now for some side lights. I cleaned things out today just to see if I could find any more of the hanging hardware. found 4 jacks including the factory one and the tire down for the spare tire mines the crank for the factory screw jack. any one have any pictures of hanging hardware in a stoner?
boy it really feels funny hanging on to that big steering wheel. know it factory and I have owned this body style pickup before but compared to today's stuff this wheel is enormous. of course PS in 70 was for sissies.
who had all those side lights the needed to get rid of anyway. don't buy them because you don;t need them then the next thing you know you do. I did find the owner's manual for the pa 51 and the ge radio but no indication as to who owned the rig.

Stoner Western Suburban Ambulance

Attachments

• 69ChevyRA.jpg
    69ChevyRA.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 277
doing some checking it looks like stoner had the light set up in the step also. so that is one more give away. along with the cabinet work in the back. on this one the front hook for the hanger is removable and the back one fixed it looks like. then they use the same over head hangers as wayne did. the floor covering in the back is the same as the 68 MM I picked up from Tony. but she starts and runs need major exhast work. and the rear shocks.
if anyone else has any pictures of the inside of a Stoner please shair them with me. I would like to get this style right on the side hardwear.

Working on history...

Ed,

I think we can trace that rig to a small town in Southern Minnesota. Will let you know when I know more.

Does the front seat move? Have seen some of those Suburbans that have a stationary front seat, which I would think could be disaterous depending on the size of the driver!

doing some checking it looks like stoner had the light set up in the step also. so that is one more give away. along with the cabinet work in the back. on this one the front hook for the hanger is removable and the back one fixed it looks like. then they use the same over head hangers as wayne did. the floor covering in the back is the same as the 68 MM I picked up from Tony. but she starts and runs need major exhast work. and the rear shocks.
if anyone else has any pictures of the inside of a Stoner please shair them with me. I would like to get this style right on the side hardwear.

Im guessing Lou Farah might have some interior pictures since he has the same year Stoner Suburban Ambulance. He may not be helpful but it cant hurt to ask.

the front seat in this will move. but the rear is kind of limited. it's OK for me but a 6 footer may find it to short. the owner before Pipe stone lived in Edgerton if that moves the rig in the right direction. it's labeled as a 1/2 ton but has the 6 hole wheels like a 4x4. all my light pickups wheel 5 hole wheels.
the other construction thing I see is the laid the carpet from the fire wall to the rear door then built on top of it kind of like a trailer house. to change the carpet you would have to pull the divider.

Back