Unfortunate Turn of Events

I was at a friend's wedding last night having a great time with great friends, when near the end of the night a tragic event took place. I was outside with a good friend of mine, when another friend came out in a panic and told us to get inside because his fiance collapsed on the dance floor. We ran in to her, and two family members who happened to be doctors were already performing CPR. The paramedics arrived and began using the AED on her. We followed the ambulance to hospital and anxiously waited for information. In the end the doctor came in and asked all of us except her fiance to leave the room. He said they tried to everything they could, but they couldn't save her and they had no explanation as to what caused her to collapse. She was 29 years old and leaves behind her fiance who is 25 and their two sons, aged 3 and 6 months. She had no life insurance policy either. I post this because, I've decided to sell the coach I just started to work on in order to start a trust fund or similar account for their children. It's a '68 Cadillac Superior Crown Sov Combo. I'll post pictures and what it needs and what I've done to it. I will say that I purchased it non-running for $2,100. I paid $1,000 to ship it to NJ from Wisconsin, and spent a few hundred in parts. I'm not looking for an extravagant amount for it. Just a reasonable offer, and for it to go to a good home. And I ask that you keep in mind what the money is going towards. It's not going in my pocket. I feel obligated to do this to help my friend's children. Consider it a fundraiser of sorts. I'll try to get pics up tonight or tomorrow. Thank you to whomever reads this and considers it.

Brian this is awful news, you have our deepest condolences. I wish you luck trying to sell the coach. What you are doing is beyond words, you are doing a great thing. I'm proud of people like you and many others in this club for acts of kindness and generosity such as this.

My Condolences

Brian,
If you have set up a trust fund or have a name, I'd like to donate $100 to help the family. Get me a name and address and I'll send a check!

Thank you!

Thank you Brendan and Don. As soon as I can get something together, I'll let you know Don. I'm going to talk to the one of the children's godfather tonight about setting it up. I honestly wasn't expecting any donations outside of someone hopefully purchasing the coach. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I'd like to get something together that's a little more official before I can accept any sort of donations. I just don't want it to seem shady. Believe me, all donations would go directly to the family. And I say that because some people are scumbags and would do such a thing as a scam of some sort. Believe me, this is not the case. Donations would be phenominal, but it isnt expected. My hat's off to you. And if anyone knows anyone interested purchasing a coach, please pass on the info.

My Sincerest Gratitude,
Brian :thankyou2::thankyou2::thankyou2:

Brian,
I'm a new member. A small donation to learn what we're all about is nothing! I'm just trying to help someone in need. I've read posts about different memebers needing help and I'll be happy to donate this to help kids that need it at this time. It seems like like I have joined a group that cares about others. I apppreciate you doing what you can for them as well. I'm sure others will help!

Back