New deliveries, coach dealer inventory ads

Those are great photos, Paul. I really like that '95 Victoria with the airline-style drapes. I just bougtht a 2009 Eagle Chrysler funeral van from Michael Parks. Had just the vehicle we were looking for, which was everything (and more) that he represented. I am completely satisfied with this - my first - transaction with Parks.

Over the years and prior to the Internet, procar dealers used various methods of advertising their used (and new) inventories. The most popular was ads in state, regional, and national trade publications as seen in this thread. Upon request, many would send photos of a car to a potential buyer along with a short specification sheet.

Bob Keller, the S&S dealer in Ohio for some time, had printed and kept on hand information cards that were similar in size and weight to a postcard. While these two examples from 1963 aren't in the best condition, they are irreplaceable pieces of procar history:

(SL collection)

Attachments

• SS 1 001.jpg
    SS 1 001.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 523
  • SS 2 001.jpg
    SS 2 001.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 545
Would absolutely LOVE to see ANY deliveries from Butler Coach In Indiana. My Uncle bought from them for many years.

Interesting sidelight that probably is not germain but...Wonder what the commisions were/are. I know in the Towing industry the Salesman is lucky to get 2-3% over the cost of the chassis.

From the May, 1955 issue of THE EMBALMERS' MONTHLY:

Attachments

• Algoe.jpg
    Algoe.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 375
  • Ohio.jpg
    Ohio.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 466
What fun we could have if we were able to go back and visit these lots:

Attachments

• AFD 1 new.jpg
    AFD 1 new.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 396
  • AFD 2 new.jpg
    AFD 2 new.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 365
This is a great thread, it gives me new hope of finding ads from a dealer ive been trying to find info on as well as the original funeral home of my coach.

Which magazine was a good one for the North Carolina-area?

From the NORTHEAST FUNERAL DIRECTOR, April, 1964:

Attachments

• WM 1.jpg
    WM 1.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 385
  • WM 2.jpg
    WM 2.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 391
This is from the 8/62 issue of the AFD. I wish they hadn't airbrushed the photos:

Attachments

• WM 1.jpg
    WM 1.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 366
  • WM 2.jpg
    WM 2.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 366
These items are from the June, 1955 issue of the NORTHEAST FUNERAL DIRECTOR magazine:

Attachments

• Wolfington 1.jpg
    Wolfington 1.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 301
  • Wolfington 2.jpg
    Wolfington 2.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 287
A pair of Pontiacs

From the AFD, 6/55:

Attachments

• Pontiac 2.jpg
    Pontiac 2.jpg