How to track coaches down?

Mainly people are intrigued. Frequently nothing beats searching in the field. Not always the case though. After all, tips have to come from somewhere to begin with, right?

Many have seen this pic, taken 15-20 years ago.

5552202520_b04da756d8_z.jpg

Although the resolution is horrible, I reworked/enhanced until barely being legible. Searched online, found the desired info, made a few calls, contacted the gentleman who owned it at the time the picture was taken (almost 2 years ago). The Superior had been sold about 10 years ago. No further information recalled. Bummer.

Then tonight I stumbled across this shot taken in 2003.

5551686445_6688b6de14_z.jpg

How many banana yellow '55 Superior Coupe de Fleurs remaining can there be..? My bet - same coach. Although no info accompanied the 'new' photo, I figured out which local car show it was at: 1000 miles away from the selling location 10-12 years ago. New area at any rate to keep searching for clues... Now what state license plate does that look like? ;)

that's the way to do it all it takes is a good memory and keeping a few things
following up on a lead or two and the reputation for being able to do it. that leads to a number of people calling you with tide bits on this and that one they have seen. the president of the North-land chapter not to give the man any credit is one of those people. as is your site creator. but to brag about them only swells there head. you, Attila have gone the extra mile or two just to see. Tony is the only other person I have been with that can run you into the ground looking at cars. there is never enough time when you spend a month with him one weekend.

Back