Old Ambulance Photos

:pat: Greetings again for all of you that have asked about my color scheme here are the photo's of some of Ruehle's ambulance's from my time

Attachments

• Scan1_0001_0001.jpg
    Scan1_0001_0001.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,250
  • Scan2_0002.jpg
    Scan2_0002.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,115
  • Scan3_0003.jpg
    Scan3_0003.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,134
  • Scan4_0004.jpg
    Scan4_0004.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,322
  • Scan5_0005.jpg
    Scan5_0005.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1,276
More Photo's

Here are some more of the photos I have more to dig out if anyone is interested:angel:

Attachments

• Scan6_0006.jpg
    Scan6_0006.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,108
  • Scan7_0007.jpg
    Scan7_0007.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,148
  • Scan8_0008.jpg
    Scan8_0008.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,077
  • Scan9_0009.jpg
    Scan9_0009.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 1,902
attachment.php

This looks like one of those widened vans that were made by Superior.

dan jacksons post

years ago 1967-1970 in Woodstock Ont we had an employee named Dale Armstrong who was related by marriage to the ruehles,,enough said but he always talked of how big the service was,your pictures confirm it....thanks

?colour

Dan: given the age of the pictures, how would you describe it? Salmon/ivory? They are great shots and a great combination.

In the earlier pic of the fleet for some reason after about 6 months in the sunlight all of the cars faded to the samon color, dont know why if it had something to do with the way the paint was mixed or what:) as for Dale Armstrong he was married to Milt's daughter Nancy, the last time I talked to him was at Mrs Ruehle's funeral, The C/B is out getting lettered as we type, hope to have some pic later this week,

ruehes towing

At one time yes it was however the towing co was sold off to one of drivers years ago just before the ambuance service was sold to st joes hospital.

Certain colors tend to fade is they are not maintained properly. Reds are one of them. Today we have much better paint quality that doesn't fade like the old nitrocellulose and acrylic lacquers. Back then you had to compound the oxidized paint off and then put a coat of wax on them just to keep them looking good. If not, the paint would chalk and look terrible.

Coral Color

In the earlier pic of the fleet for some reason after about 6 months in the sunlight all of the cars faded to the samon color, dont know why if it had something to do with the way the paint was mixed or what:) as for Dale Armstrong he was married to Milt's daughter Nancy, the last time I talked to him was at Mrs Ruehle's funeral, The C/B is out getting lettered as we type, hope to have some pic later this week,

In 1955 to 1958 Oldsmobile's had a color called "CORAL" that was very close?

Interesting how many towing companies were associated with ambulance services. The owners of the former Beacon Ambulance Service in Daytona Beach also owned a towing service as well as body shop and a medical oxygen & supplies co., and, I almost forgot, built ambulances under the Atlantic Ambulances banner. So they hauled you to the hospital from the car wreck in one of their Atlantic built ambulances, towed your wrecked car to their garage, provided home health care supplies when you got out of the hospital, fixed your car (if possible) and all out of the same billing office. Now that's one stop shopping. Kirk's in Oklahoma also operated a wrecker service, I believe.

Back