1958 rear shock help

Rocky Fluegge

PCS Member
I need some help or info for the rear shocks on my 58. I was just at the parts store and had a grabber on cost of rear shocks. And I do not think it was even the right listing for it.

What I have is the rear shock is a pin-- pin style. It is 21" at ride height. Was wondering if any of you have a cross reference or part # for a shock off of ? That would work. The part store would have to order them and it would be like $175.00 a shock. I figure if I can figure out something else later model it should cheaper. The front shocks I just bought were around 40-50 each. Those were Monroe # 5801st if any one could use that number. So any help to help the pocket book would be great.

If no one else has an answer for you, I have a Monroe book a guy at Pep Boys gave me a while back when I was trying to do some custom stuff. It lists all the min/max extensions and the types of ends for all the current part numbers. Problem is, its a book, so it takes a while to find what you want, if it exists at all. You'd think in this day and age they could plug the info you have into a computer and find a match, but nobody seems interested in doing that anymore.

Anyway, if you want the book I'll throw it in the mail for you.

waled down to the parts store yesterday ordered a set for a 58 fleet wood 75 picked them up today and put them on

Attachments

• IMG_0583a.jpg
    IMG_0583a.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0584a.jpg
    IMG_0584a.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 135
John,
With the posting you did of the picture of the shock box, I was able to cross reference the number and finally able to get my rear shocks. The number you got was a old out of stock out dated part. So here is a pic of the shock numbers I have in case any one could use it. This is the rears. Oh yeah I got the pair for about $55.00 so that was way better. Thanks again for the help

Attachments

• DSCN7967.jpg
    DSCN7967.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 74
Back