Trim piece for a 76 cadillac superior Ambulance

In search of the piece of trim on the passenger side Rear that transitions it from steel to fiberglass, any info would be helpful as well such as the years of cars that would be compatable And if a hearse trim piece would fit an ambulance? Thank you for any help I'll try to post pictures if I can figure out how

Those holes can be welded shut, and refinished to look new. A metal polisher, or a restoration shop will know who does this in your area.

the advantage in the superior is the used that extruded aluminum stock on all most every car. at least from 65 up. length would be the issue. what has happened here is water has gotten under the molding and rusted off the t studs. to put it back on they drilled and screwed it. it most likly happened when it was repainted. this is of course why most shops refuse to remove a moldings. buff the molding and put in a Stainless steel screw. that would match up with the alumimion better then a plated one. the easy one to grap that might have the t bolts still there would be off the rear door here is the stud your looking for

Attachments

• IMG_3524 clean these up.jpg
    IMG_3524 clean these up.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 99
Would it be safe to assume that all '71 through '76 Superiors would have that same moulding?? Carl Woerner (C-W) does have a rough '71 or '72 Superior combo out behind his shop that he may now be willing to sell parts off of. They may also have some of these mouldings in their parts dept. I would check into a used one as this one won't be restorable being aluminum.

I would check into a used one as this one won't be restorable being aluminum.

I believe the trim is STAINLESS,not aluminum.....at least it is on my 70 and 72 both......
Also in my area we have a couple of shops that can restore aluminum as well as pot metal......I have had some potmetal done in the past and it comes out pretty good....cant speak for aluminum items though.......:myopinion:

superior has quite a bastard run of materials on that belt line. starts off stainless trim goes into a die cast plated piece and ends up with the polished aluminium. were ever there is a bent molding conforming to the contour of the car and it's a superior it's aluminium. it's also fastened on with the sliding T bold in the cast grove. one of there trademark construction techniques. they bent them by hand around the contour. that way both sides did not have to match. just use a lot of sealer and let that fill any gaps.

Back