'70's Superior Pontiac rear loading door

Shawn Koenig

PCS Member
A friend of mine has a '71 Superior Pontiac Consort and he was in an accident the other day damaging the rear loading door. I know of a '73 Superior Cadillac Sovereign in an EZ pull near by, so my question is are the rear doors the same and can be swapped or are they different?

Thank you in advance for any information helping with this.

Door

A friend of mine has a '71 Superior Pontiac Consort and he was in an accident the other day damaging the rear loading door. I know of a '73 Superior Cadillac Sovereign in an EZ pull near by, so my question is are the rear doors the same and can be swapped or are they different?

Thank you in advance for any information helping with this.

I do not have the 71 Pontiac parts book ,but I do have 73 Pontiac and 73 Cadillac parts books. For 73 Cadillac and 73 Pontiac they show they same pt#375202for the rear door. The 65-70,s I know the upper window frame slides down into the door shell and bolts the the sides of the doors. The doors seem to stay with the same years 65-70 71-76 etc sometimes longer I bet it will work as long as the open the same ,they open to the left or to the right . If the upper has a different frame or glass size you should be able to switch the upper glass frame between doors. Here is a pic of a 65 window frame and you can see how it slides into the door frame.

Attachments

• DSC04924.jpg
    DSC04924.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
I do not have the 71 Pontiac parts book ,but I do have 73 Pontiac and 73 Cadillac parts books. For 73 Cadillac and 73 Pontiac they show they same pt#375202for the rear door. The 65-70,s I know the upper window frame slides down into the door shell and bolts the the sides of the doors. The doors seem to stay with the same years 65-70 71-76 etc sometimes longer I bet it will work as long as the open the same ,they open to the left or to the right . If the upper has a different frame or glass size you should be able to switch the upper glass frame between doors. Here is a pic of a 65 window frame and you can see how it slides into the door frame.

I am leaning towards them being the same too. They look it from what I can tell. I am working on getting measurements from the Pontiac and hopefully another friends '71 and '73 Superior Cadillacs. The doors in question are both hinged the same.

Back