Obama in town

Jim Staruk

Super Site Supporter
Super Site Supporter
Like him or not, he sure has a nice professional car.... He was in Worcester, MA yesterday

Attachments

• beast.jpg
    beast.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 338
  • beast1.jpg
    beast1.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 290
  • beast2.jpg
    beast2.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 289
  • beast4.jpg
    beast4.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 294
That logo on the side of the limo looks like the PCS logo Gregg has on his car door at all the PCS meets ! Same colors and size.

The photo with the plane and cars is awesome !

I like how the country is written out along the plane instead of just USA or a flag. Very official looking.

Pretty cool,
Darren

Like him or not, he sure has a nice professional car.... He was in Worcester, MA yesterday

That looks like (one of the planes) that "Mrs O" and VP Biden uses instead of the normal AIR FORCE-1 (747). It would be interesting to know how many "Beasts" were actually built and regularly travel with the President... as there has to be at least two if not three based on a recent (quick) three stop visit he made to CA... there just wasn't enough advance time to get it (if only one existed) to the next (2nd) stop. During a recent Alisha Ann Ruch Burn Run-Relay in LA, one of our stops was the Beverly Hills FD. Out in back were (2) Secret Service (Armored) Suburbans with the (partially concealed) roof mounted gun turrets, run flat tires on HD ("rim bolted together") aluminum wheels, etc. The tops and roofs were all pocked marked from the spent shells landing on them. The Fire Chief there said that they (USSS and-or Homeland Security) regularly stage vehicles for upcoming dignitary visits. MM

All politics aside, as a Canadian watching these vehicles, I can say I am impressed, agree with Darren spelling out the full name is impressive.the world knows without mistake who you are,and we know your the best neighbors any country could ask for:applause:

That looks like (one of the planes) that "Mrs O" and VP Biden uses instead of the normal AIR FORCE-1 (747). It would be interesting to know how many "Beasts" were actually built and regularly travel with the President... as there has to be at least two if not three based on a recent (quick) three stop visit he made to CA... there just wasn't enough advance time to get it (if only one existed) to the next (2nd) stop. During a recent Alisha Ann Ruch Burn Run-Relay in LA, one of our stops was the Beverly Hills FD. Out in back were (2) Secret Service (Armored) Suburbans with the (partially concealed) roof mounted gun turrets, run flat tires on HD ("rim bolted together") aluminum wheels, etc. The tops and roofs were all pocked marked from the spent shells landing on them. The Fire Chief there said that they (USSS and-or Homeland Security) regularly stage vehicles for upcoming dignitary visits. MM
If I'm not mistaken, there are four limos that travel with him for redundancy and sleight of hand tactics. The same goes for the planes and helicopters. More than likely the others were stashed at Westfield on the MAANG base.

Mike, you are correct. That is the VP's jet. Worcester has a small airport which wouldn't support the larger Presidential jet. As for the number of Beasts, there were at least two here yesterday (see photo). Jim

Attachments

• BEAST5.jpg
    BEAST5.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 271

There are 2 "Air Force One" 747's, tail numbers 28000 & 29000 which are for the exclusive use of POTUS. There is a very large fleet of other planes all painted in the same scheme. There are several 767's (I believe the photo above is one of them) and vatious other aircraft of all sizes. They are used by the VP, Sec'y of State, Mrs. Obama (sometimes the family dog), and other high ranking officials. Obama will use on of the smaller planes for "short hops" or if proper landing facilities are not available for the big ones.

I think the "Beasts" are some of the ugliest vehicles ever concieved, part car, part truck, just plain bad. JMHO.

I guess that I have to agree with Russell on this(Yes, I said it). The "Beasts" have to be the ugliest Presidential limos ever built. Someone may want to document this.

There are 2 "Air Force One" 747's, tail numbers 28000 & 29000 which are for the exclusive use of POTUS. There is a very large fleet of other planes all painted in the same scheme. There are several 767's (I believe the photo above is one of them) and vatious other aircraft of all sizes. They are used by the VP, Sec'y of State, Mrs. Obama (sometimes the family dog), and other high ranking officials. Obama will use on of the smaller planes for "short hops" or if proper landing facilities are not available for the big ones.

I think the "Beasts" are some of the ugliest vehicles ever concieved, part car, part truck, just plain bad. JMHO.

Russell: Some additional (747) AIR FORCE-1 trivia.... If I was given the facts straight 25+ years ago.... there were a total of (4) 747's commissioned to be be built by former President Reagan although he never rode in one... having to "get by" with the 707 now at his museum in CA. When I was one of the (28) members on the FEMA-USAR Steering-Advisory Committee under Director James Lee Witt (Clinton Era) that formed the original (25) Nationwide FEMA-USAR Teams, one of the (4) was flown in to Lambert Field (St Louis, MO) during one of our planning meetings for us to do a walk-thru. Some years later, one of the (4) was to be used by the FEMA rapid-first response team (if available) and one was considered to be a full time "rotational spare". MM

Those are 757's or as known to the USAF, a VC-32A. They also operate 737's (VC-40), a few Gulfstream 4's and a couple Learjets.

I agree with Pat. The plane in the photo is definately a 757, and I have seen it at the airport I work at as well. VP Biden came in on one a couple years ago. And Pat is correct about 737's and smaller aircraft as well.

And helicopters. Lots of helicopters.

There is always redundancy of everything for POTUS transportation. You can be sure that, if you see one of something, there is another not far away if needed.

That logo on the side of the limo looks like the PCS logo Gregg has on his car door at all the PCS meets ! Same colors and size.

The photo with the plane and cars is awesome !

I like how the country is written out along the plane instead of just USA or a flag. Very official looking.

Pretty cool,
Darren

Gregg would make a better president. At least no cash for clunkers anyway.

the man is going to be in North Dakota tomorrow. stopping off at the standing rock reservation. there the tribe that is trying to get the refinery built on the reservation.

guess I'll stay home.

Our Prime Minister of Canada uses a Polaris CC-150 Airbus Military Aircraft (RCAF-01) for overseas and uses a Challenger Aircraft for shorter flights around Canada and the U.S.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but it does go with the subject of the beast. I recently watched the movie White House Down, and they had a very impressive Beast replica, even down to the vehicle size and thickness of the doors. As we know most movies just use a generic limo. It looked so close I had to do a double take, and google it. They built it using images and height of the prez to build it to scale.
The chase scene with the beast was the best part of the movie (in my opinion).

Article about the building of "the Beast" for "White House Down", built by Ghostlight, a picture car company in LA, from www.imcdb.org.

So without any data with which to build their film car, O’Neil and Kelly got creative. They pulled photos of the real Beast from the Internet and determined that the vehicle used headlights from a 2007 Cadillac Escalade SUV. Using that piece as a starting point, the pair were able to extrapolate the dimensions of the entire vehicle.

Other photos helped provide perspective, including several showing the actual car sitting higher than Obama, who is 6 feet 1. Another showed an agent standing next to a Beast with the door open, allowing a glimpse at just how thick the vehicle’s shell is.

Twelve weeks later, and at a cost of $200,000 each, Ghostlight had three replicas built.

To build each, a team of 10 people first stripped a full-size Chevrolet Suburban down to the chassis. The team then shaped by hand foam body panels, which served as the molds for the fiberglass pieces that were fitted to the car. The engine is a V-8 crate motor from Chevy, which O’Neil and Kelly estimated was putting out about 400 horsepower.

i593780.jpg

Back