Pleasant suprise at the local chapter Cadillac club meet

Bruce Biancalana

PCS Life Member
I attended the West of the Lake Region of the Cadillac LaSalle club meet on Saturday June 7, 2014. I had a lot of fun and saw a lot of nice Cadillac automobiles. I showed the 1970 Miller Meteor Cadillac CFD car. I was pleasantly surprised by receiving a 1st place award for the 1970's class.

The 1957 Cadillac series 75 parked to the right of my car was owned by the City of Chicago and used by Fire Superintendent Quinn. Quinn acquired the car from the City Of Chicago when it was replaced. Bill Buckingham is the owner of the Quinn car. Bill's dad purchased the limo from Quinn's estate. The car is a survivor since it left the inventory books of Chicago. I was told the car was seriously vandalized in a city riot. the paint that is presently on the car was put on when the repairs were made from the riot in 68. The car is equipped with two spot lights, red and green flashing lights behind the grill, a Motorola 2 way radio and a Mars 8'' Commander siren under the hood. I also noticed a Leece-Neeville alternator and a 110 power converter.

Superintendent Quinn is responsible for the invention of a snorkel attachment on CFD fire trucks. Quinn also was the person that insisted on Cadillac ambulances for the CFD.

I will post better pictures of the Quinn limo shortly.

Man the difference in the car today and those first pictures is really something. Most people would have paved on her.

1957 Cadillac Series 75 Fire 1

Here are the pictures of Chicago Fire Department Superintendent Quinn's Limousine as I promised earlier in this post.

The ambulance in that picture looks just like yours... :D Congratulations on winning the award. I know how hard you worked to make that car period correct in every detail. That is a car that you can be proud of.

Here are some additional pictures of the 1957 Chicago Fire Department Cadillac Limousine. There is also a 1970 Chicago Fire Department Limousine designated as Fire 5

Attachments

• MVC-649F.JPG
    MVC-649F.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 120
  • MVC-650F.jpg
    MVC-650F.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 118
  • MVC-651F.JPG
    MVC-651F.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 121
  • MVC-654F.jpg
    MVC-654F.jpg