Everything was fine.....until......

I know that you like the Canadian-built Eurekas, but wouldn't it be easier to just buy another nice '88 through '92 FWD Eureka and say good-bye to the '87?? I know of several nice examples that are fresh from service and can be had for $1400 to $2000. Seems like a more logical way to go.

Well its Done................. turned out it was the fan switch that gave up the ghost and caused the over heating, but it was too late.... the head gaskets are blown. So the Eureka will be put away for this summer and I'll look for a 4.5 to replace the 4.1 over the next year.

Its too bad she only had 52,000km on it

Everything was going great yesterday, the Eureka was running great as usual then all of a sudden I stopped at a stop sign and she stalled I got it running again pulled over and she was steaming and VERY VERY HOT the water pump had given up and the 4.1 engine was COOKED ! no lights came on nothing she just stopped it got so hot that the recovery bottle was starting to melt !! so now I'll be looking to replace the 4.1 with a 4.7 engine I'm not even going to bother to try and fix the 4.1 she has only 53.000 km on it ...what a shame

So now the Eureka is done for this year the plan is to finish the Horton and work on getting the Horton on the road in a month or so the Eureka will just have to wait until next year.

Of all the ambulances I ever ran, the only ones that gave me heating problems were some of the C/B Oldsmobiles. Seemed like there must've been something inherent there. My '74 high top Olds which is now Dan Jackson's twice gave me problems and I had to replace the exhaust manifold gaskets. I think Dan has better luck than I did.

Hope you get your heating issues corrected.

Back