My new 1960 Superior Crown Royal

Here's an older 'before' shot from the day Helen was acquired from her previous caretaker, Traveler.

60crown3vv3.jpg

Paint was handled by the dedicated previous owner and her (then) boyfriend. It was not done with the intent of being perfect but rather protect/improve/preserve on a tight budget. If memory serves correctly, green tint was added to the clear coat only.

I must add how modest Paul is here. He handled the decision to buy Helen in less than 5 minutes from the time Traveler told me about her dilemma to sell. Add the subsequent flight, transaction, AND delivery from CO to MA took just a hair over 2 weeks. Incredible speed lacking in most like instances. If more people conducted themselves with such decisiveness, poise, efficiency, respect, and vision - the world would be a better place.

Paul, I do have many interior shots of Helen pre-paint if you need them. Couldn't think of a better home for Helen and am glad to help keep '60 Crown owners tight knit. ;)

yes a lovely car when you get it back together. if your going to put in a new glass you may consider going for a new grommet for it while your there. if not be soaking the old one with the wd-40 to soften it up and help soften the sealer they used. both side and under any flap you can get the tip into. I'm thinking that steel rubber has the grommet or rubber the right way. always helps to check as many places as you can. the swing in price is amazing . like anything else if you have a car the repair shop doesn't work on much the more you can do to help them ahead of time the better your out come will be. that is not a easy glass to replace.

Atti kinder words could not have been spoken. As you know this was my first time dealing with such a long distance transaction. Definitely had a few points ware i was pulling my hair out during this, so compliments like that (for lack of a better word) feel awesome . Thanks again man........ and thanks to Traveler for selling her to me . Its a end to a 13 year search for me........

abe411da.jpg

Not trying to hijack this thread, but I am curious about this tire. My parts car has one as a spare and it seems to be a pretty good tire.

Regards,
James

That is funny James because mine came as a spare on my old 73 Superior. I actually used it back then as a spare. That was back around 99 , 2000 and the damn thing is still holding air...

Well the glass guy came today, we put the dw 569 right on top of my bad windshield ( still in the car) surprisingly it was damn close. Hell, i was tempted to try it. He agreed tho it was the 570 and said the insurance co wanted to try this one first because it was cheaper. He said he would just tell them that he measured them up and it was wrong. He said give him about 3 weeks. He found one but shipping will take a while. Just so looking forward to getting her in !!!!! In the meantime i will keep working on the interior. I was able to match up the fabric at a huge warehouse in my area. There was a role like 3 shelves up . I used a latter and saw it by accident on the way down. It was rolled with the back facing out. I was really lucky it caught my eye. Only 7.99 a yard to. Can't complain.

The plan at the moment is to put her back together as is , so i know were everything goes, then take her a part one panel piece at a time. It will be easier for me that way and i will still be able to drive and enjoy her. :17875::17875::17875:

Back