Welcome new member... Paul Yates!

I'd like to introduce you all to a good friend of mine and recent PCS website member Paul Yates. Paul really has a passion for old hearses and it shows. Paul is the guy I bought my '69 M-M endloader from, he saved it from a junkyard and got it roadworthy... only making subtile changes in the process lowering it a little & adding wide whitewalls and 1950's Cadillac hubcaps.
Paul has recently bought back the '69 and it's been transported back to his home in Virginia... and he's buying another hearse soon!
Please help me welcome him to the PCS forums. His interest in procars and drive for knowledge will make him a regular contributor you all will enjoy interacting with.
Welcome Paul!
Here's his 1969 M-M endloader:

nostalgicshot.jpg

Dwayne, thank you for the kind words. I'm very excited to have finally joined the PCS. As Dwayne has said, I have a 1969 Miller Meteor. Me and her have quite a history together, even more so now that she has been to Ohio and back! My 69 started my love affair with professional cars. As a lover of old cars, Cadillacs in particular, when I was notified of an old Cadillac that was driven in to the scrap yard and set to be crushed, I couldn't resist. After doing some research and delving into the procar world, I quickly became fascinated and enthralled by these cars.

I myself am a welder/fabricator and I restore cars in my spare time. My two active projects, aside from my beloved 69, are a 1959 Cadillac series 6200 Sedan, and a 1957 Chevrolet 210 two door sedan. I am VERY excited about the next project coach that i will be acquiring shortly.

I look forward to contributing to the forum, and keeping anyone who may be interested posted on progress of my coaches. As well as posting pictures. I know everyone loves pictures! This site is an INCREDIBLE wealth of information. Just a few hours of of cruising and searching have been overwhelmingly informative. While I do love these cars, I still have much to learn! Thank you again Dwayne for the kind words and a warm welcome.

Talk to you guys soon!

Last edited:
Welcome Paul

Paul,
Welcome to you. We are glad you have joined us. Looking forward to pictures of your projects.
Mike

Welcome Paul! Nice looking car. When I was a kid, the funeral home 10 miles over from us had a black 1969 Miller-Meteor Landau Traditional very similar to yours. I rode in it for my great-grandfather's funeral in November 1978 and I remember it had a purple'ish colored interior. Was all original and rather nice looking.

Welcome... You came with a splendid recommendation Private Message to me from Dwayne last night, so you skipped the vetting process that would have been done tomorrow when I get back home from vacation. I hate working with a small notebook computer. Welcome aboard.

Welcome

Paul .....WELCOME to the site !!:893USA-Smilie-thumb

It sounds like you have some AWESOME vehicles .......Hope to see pics soon !!

Jim

Welcome, Paul. I see you're in the VA part of the Delmarva. Though most of our chapter members are far away, the Mid-Atlantic Chapter every now and then participates in a show in southern Delaware, which is pretty close to you, all things considered. I'll let you know when that comes up again.

Welcome Paul!

Getting an introduction and a recommendation from Dwayne,
you must really be someone important. ;) :thumbsup:

Really hope you enjoy the site, the PCS and everyone involved here!

Hope to see your coaches past and present and any projects.

Enjoy!

Chuck Snyder 2
And the whole Tri-State Chapter!

Last edited:
Hmmm...

So I learn a little geography every time I check out the posts here.

I was thinking Virginia... I don't know Virginia very well. Steve posted that you were in the Delmarva part of Virginia. Delmarva sounded so familiar. So, I went on a Google search. We vacation just up the coast from where you live. Bethany Beach is our summer destination. We travel up the coast to Rehobeth and down the coast to Ocean City. You really aren't that much farther south!

On our way back and forth from vacation, we travel right through Steve's neighborhood and we are just north of your place.
Such a small world!

John, feel free to pick my brain anytime! I would be more than happy to try and assist with any metal or fabrication questions!

Steve, I attend the Lower Delaware Hot Rod Jamboree every year! Please do notify of any PCS goings on in the area!

And Charles, I'm originally from near the Ocean City Area. I get that way quite a bit. Next time your in town let me know ill treat you to some Thrashers Boardwalk Fries! We'll be in OC in October for the HUGE "Cruisin' OC" Fall show.

Thanks to all for the welcomes. I am rather upset with myself that i didn't join the PCS years ago!

Paul Y.

Back