Woodward Dream Cruise - Emergency Services Day

Every year the Ferndale Police Dept hosts an Emergency Services Day on the Friday of the Dream Cruise, which culliminates in a Lights & Sirens Cruise along Woodward, to officially open the Dream Cruise. I attended this year, along with several other PCS members (a total of 7 ambulances) and was fortunate enough to walk away with Best Ambulance (sorry Richard!) I reattended yesterday and while cruising was flagged down by a photographer from the MOPAR Collector's Guide (a monthly magazine). He took over a 100 pictures and said he would be doing an issue exclusively on the Dream Cruise later this fall. On the information sheet I gave him on the Dodge was info on the PCS, so hopefully the club will get mention in the article.

7810791318_cf165b214d_z.jpg

7810975640_22f3bfca33_z.jpg

7810737258_6e8a07e442_z.jpg

7810737258_6e8a07e442_z.jpg

7811665836_f5173e7963_z.jpg

7810838424_e434c439fb_z.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYIaAOTFuNg&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYIaAOTFuNg&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Congratulations Dean. The car looked great. I didn't get a chance to visit with you but was glad to see you and your car there. I counted at least seven members in attendance.

Ferndale Emergency Vehicle Show

Congratulations to Dean Wilkinson for being awared the trophy for the Best Ambulance at this years FEVS. However, as the coordinator for the event I need to correct a few things. The official name of the event is the Ferndale Emergency Vehicle Show, this year marked the 12th year for this show. I have been associated wtih the show for the past three years as the coordinator, but I have attended every show, but one. The event is put on by the City of Ferndale with the assistance and cooperation of both the fire and police departments. One other interesting fact is that since I have been in-charge of the show, Superior Ambulance has covered the expense of the t-shirts that each person that brings an emergency vehicle to the show receives.

So, if you are interested in attending the show in 2013 you can send me an email with your information to ajr107@peoplepc.com and I will place you on the contact list. We allow ambulances, fire apparatus and police vehicles into the show.

Nice photos by the way.

Ferndale Emergency Vehicle Show

Congrats Dean Good Job. for all of The People who Attended the cookout at my House the MotorCity Chapter and our family would like to Thank all of you for coming out to the show and our house. We had a Photographer who took well over 2000 photos and 10 videos. This dvd will be available as soon as all of the editing is done etc = approx 6-8 weeks depending on their work schedule. We also gave Ambulance rides and Firetruck rides to anyone that was interested (Neighbor kids friends who brought their kids etc)
All in All it was a Great Show and a great Time

Russ

Good job Dean car sure looks good with a trophy on it,sorry I missed the cookout at Russes,will all have to meet up at the trillium-mich joint meet in October,Dean that picture of Ruehles ambulance brings up a woodstock connection Joe Sr.had a cousin who apparently married one of the daughters,and then came to work for Joe,will tell you "the rest of the story "later..:stars:

:yankchain: And not to mention the weather could'nt have been better, again Dean congrat's on the win it was great talking to you and all the other member's who came out

More photos of Ferndale:

Attachments

• fern1.jpg
    fern1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 190
  • fern2.jpg
    fern2.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 199
  • fern3.jpg
    fern3.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 199
  • fern4.jpg