The one that got away

Jeremy, I went down to see Ellis Galyon a couple months ago about trading coaches and he took me out for a tour. POW has been torn down and Buena Vista is now a church. So sad to see these icons gone. Martin & Bracy-Welch is still standing. I forget what is in it now and Marshall-Donelly. & Combs is SCI now but Ellis said Jim Brewer still runs it his way and they still embalm there. Jim Brewer has to be the most respected funeral director in Nashville. Robb Robinson died a few years ago and I think Bitsy (not Betsy) died also. They all kind of fought amongst themselves but maintained a highly respectable funeral home. P&R used to bury all the stars from the Grand Old Opry and Finley Dorris & Charlton and Martins Bracy-Welch buried the money. For years Tom Donelly was the only funeral home in Nashville that used S&S coaches. They did over 300 and only had one coach. Of course it was always updated regularly.

The car was located in Denton Texas. I was working on finding transportation and also to find someone that wanted to buy this and restore it. Unfortunately, the lady that I was working with let a couple of days go by without calling the widow to tell her that she had an interested party. I learned about the car on a Wednesday, and it was sold over the weekend by a word of mouth "advertisement". I have a feeling that this isn't the last that we will see of this car. The back was filled with a lot of junk, and I was hoping to get it looked at before committing. It has been sitting in the same place for many years, and I feared that it might be rusted badly in the floors and frame.
The last time that I sent someone to look at a car for me, they made an offer on it, and purchased it. They did ask if it was OK after the deal was made, so what could I do but say yes. Now, I am very careful who I ask to look at cars for me, and I am very leary of a certain person in Ohio...:rofl1:

You know, Denton is about 45 minutes from me, I'd have been happy to go and scope it out for you, just for the pleasure of getting to see it. I can't own them all, but I can get some enjoyment out of them!

Alex!

Back