tec tip of the day

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
as the disclaimer goes don't do this at home. heck don't do this at work either. I have broke more good cups and lost more screwdrivers doing this.

Attachments

• IMG_0152.jpg
    IMG_0152.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 314
I have had that cup since the mid 80 it use to say RPM automotive out of Molbridge SD. that red is 73 Caddy firemist . it got dripped on one day on the mixing bench. people wonder why I love that DuPont paint. you can't get it back off even after 30 years.

That's nothing...... I have done that with my check book and actually got it back from some nice person! I have learned to never, ever, ever put your cell phone, wallet, or check book anywhere on a vehicle for any reason.

While doing truck check one morning when I was in the fire department I had my usual morning cup of coffee with me. The tones went off, I put it down on the rear step of the engine to write the address down. Never gave it a thought, jumped in the truck, drove several blocks to a working structure fire. When I went around back of the truck to pull one section of supply line to tag a very close hydrant, there sat my cup of coffee, still had a lot of coffee in it. Somewhere around here, I still have that cup.

I was standing there by the pump panel sipping on it when the Captain came out for an air bottle change. All he said was "what the hell, how did you pull that off?". Later I told him about it, he couldn't believe it either.

Strange things indeed!!!

That cup resembles my Home Depot $4.99 flashlight

One night coming home from my storage garage, I spotted one of those yellow 9v flashlights on a street near my house crushed to bits. Of course I realized it was my flashlight 20 minutes earlier and fell off the back of the truck while moving. I could not recall where I left it on the truck,,,, but I was out $4.99.
It looks exactly like that mug. In L.E. work we call our favorite cup "The Holy Grail" and threaten recruits who cause the cup any trauma.

I remember doing something on my 49 S&S and for some reason sat my cell phone on the rear fender kind of in the crease where it meets the body. Then drove about 15 miles down the highway. Got out and saw it, no idea how it stayed there.

Back