Kid versus Hearse

I think the following tells that it is the parent's that are the problem sometimes.
I had my ambulance at the county's fair as a display for the ambulance service. The car had do not touch signs on it and was roped off to keep people away from it. One mother lifted up the rope, took her child to the car, an set her in the back seat. When I asked the woman what she thought the rope and the signs were there for she simply said, "but I wanted to take a picture!":14_6_12:
So is there any hope for the kid!

Along the same line of discussion,we had an event we called touch-a-truck where porch monkeys were allowed to climb in and out of every type of vehicle on display,good to educate them they said,,prior to school getting out last year a fire occured across from my house at the school,mass evacuation 150 kids in the parking lot.early day care to grade six,well while the firemen were in the school tending to business,kids saw open doors and away they went, not enough staff to control them and the lone firefighter was overwhelmed,sirens going off air horns sounding I went over to help because all trucks were still running,and sure as **** one of the topsoil terrorists may well have got it in gear,,maybe touch a truck wasn"t such a good idea....:pat:

I think the following tells that it is the parent's that are the problem sometimes.
I had my ambulance at the county's fair as a display for the ambulance service. The car had do not touch signs on it and was roped off to keep people away from it. One mother lifted up the rope, took her child to the car, an set her in the back seat. When I asked the woman what she thought the rope and the signs were there for she simply said, "but I wanted to take a picture!":14_6_12:
So is there any hope for the kid!

I have had parents do that before too. They treat everybodys property like it was their own. I just dont get it. I have never tried to rope off open doors yet, but I have tried the do not touch signs and founf they have no effect at all, except making the car look tacky, and possibly making more of a challenge to get away with touching it more.

I confess it's our fault we raised a generation of what's in it for me and I don't have to follow the rules kids. these unruly children are now raising there own, our grand children. every volunteer and civic group in the country is paying the price as doing something for nothing to help out is just not cool to them. there the Wal-Mart generation. buy it today with someones else's money use it up and toss it. start the process over again tomorrow. OMG buy a taillight, heck he can just go down and get a new hearse.

Back