Carnation Festival

Members of the Tri-State Chapter and Ohio Chapter attended the Carnation Festival car show in Alliance, OH yesterday on the grounds of Glamorgan Castle. The weather was rainy and cold, but that didn't dampen our spirits. We had a great time and for the first time ever, we all took home an award! Here are some pics from the day.

Attachments

• CarnationFestival2012 001.jpg
    CarnationFestival2012 001.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 527
  • CarnationFestival2012 004.jpg
    CarnationFestival2012 004.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 538
  • CarnationFestival2012 005.jpg
    CarnationFestival2012 005.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 516
  • CarnationFestival2012 006.jpg
    CarnationFestival2012 006.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 558
  • CarnationFestival2012 007.jpg
    CarnationFestival2012 007.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 513
  • CarnationFestival2012 008.jpg
    CarnationFestival2012 008.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 559
Great pics. One thing though, my opinion only, put the hoods down on the car before pics, they look so much better. Having them up ruins the lines and makes them lok like they are broke down and being repaired.
Like I said just my opinion, it irritates me at any car show, an engine is an engine, you see one youve seen them all.

After the show, Dan Skivolocke honored us with a tour of his beautiful funeral home, the progess on his 1959 S&S three way hearse, and his new building projects. We really appreciated it, Dan!

Attachments

• CarnationFestival2012 019.jpg
    CarnationFestival2012 019.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 495
  • CarnationFestival2012 028.jpg
    CarnationFestival2012 028.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 531
  • CarnationFestival2012 017.jpg
    CarnationFestival2012 017.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 474
  • CarnationFestival2012 025.jpg
    CarnationFestival2012 025.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 461
  • CarnationFestival2012 067.jpg
    CarnationFestival2012 067.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 794
Great pics. One thing though, my opinion only, put the hoods down on the car before pics, they look so much better. Having them up ruins the lines and makes them lok like they are broke down and being repaired.
Like I said just my opinion, it irritates me at any car show, an engine is an engine, you see one youve seen them all.

Thanks. I know what you mean. I took these pics in a rare moment when it wasn't raining and we had to have our hoods up for the judges who were on their way. Otherwise, they would have been closed.

Great pictures Shawn!

I love the one of your limousine at the funeral home.
It looks right at home in that picture.

Looks like everyone had a good time.
Wish we could have been there.

Thanks for posting!

Are you kidding me, COATS-You're wearing coats this time of the year. Wishing I lived in Ohio!!!!

All year we have been in a drought with upper 90 and 100 degree weather. Up to about two weeks ago everything was brown and crisp so sweater weather nobody seemed to mind this weekend.

if you don't...

It has been said for a long time...If you don't like Ohio weather just wait 10 minutes and it will change. While up north they were wearing jackets and sweaters, we in the southwest of the state had 80 plus temps with a light breeze. There were over 60 cars and trucks at the local cruise in. 2 procars were in that mix. My 61 Miller-Meteor combination and a very nice 54 Natonal Chevy Ambulette. The 54 is owned by vintage Chevy parts dealer Dick Moffet.
Thanks for sharing the pictures and sending the news of the Carnation Meet. The Carnation Meet is always a good time. Must have something to do with the people. Maybe I will be able to make the next one.
Mike

Looks like you guys had a great day! Thank you for posting the pictures Shawn. BTW, your limo looks fabulous!

All the cars are smoking hot and look outstanding. Shawn, you've done a great job on your limo and what can you say about Dan, always better than average.

I'm curious, what are those things in all the windows of the funeral home?

It has been said for a long time...If you don't like Ohio weather just wait 10 minutes and it will change. Mike

I thought that was only an Iowa saying. Not cool enough here for jackets, but alot nicer than the heat wave we had. I have been able to turn off the AC for aboutalmost a week now!!

I loke the funeral home pics, the cars really look at home there.

All the cars are smoking hot and look outstanding. Shawn, you've done a great job on your limo and what can you say about Dan, always better than average.

I'm curious, what are those things in all the windows of the funeral home?

Thanks. Yes, Dan is WAY above average with his cars, love 'em. I took pics of the inside of Dan's garage with all the cars, but promised I wouldn't post them, as the garage is not finished yet, sorry.

The things in the windows are in celebration of the Carnation Festival, I am sure they are out of the windows by now.

History Lesson

Looks to me to be ads for the carnation festival,is that the flowers or condensed milk,hey I am from dairy county Ontario!!:twak:

The City of Alliance is the home of Ohio's Official State Flower:The Scarlet Red Carnation. A local botanist named Lambourn was running for office against his opponent William McKinley. Before each meeting Lambourn would present McKinley with a scarlet red carnation. It caught on and later U.S. President William McKinley wore the scarlet red carnation regularly. The flower was made the official state flower. President McKinley was from Canton,Ohio. On a pro car note,after he was shot at the World Fair in Buffalo, he was "raced" to the hospital in a electric motored ambulance. President McKinley succumbed to those wounds.

On a Roll

Since the Carnation show, I have not been to another due to time constraints. So coming off the heels of my victory there I didn't expect too much when I attended the North Georgetown Stage Coach Inn Show last evening except maybe a nice fish dinner. To my surprise, I won again, this time with the 1975 Cadillac/Superior 54" Ambulance. :rofl:

Back