left one out last night

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
been a busy week so far up here miss SD pageant time and the locale lions club is heavy involved. with the parade Saturday we going to have 4 of ours in it. ended up wth the 92 limo back to the house and out side. had one of those every now and then things come op around 9 and got 91 hundredths in about 20 minuets and about 10 minuets of ice. we'll haul the judges with dimples Saturday. my son will get a little more work to do before august. that's twice now since he started doing the paint less dent repair he's got to fix my stuff from hail and once from a deer attacking me. man I wish I had learned to do that. if you can get them to show up in a picture thew are deep these are peppered about 6 inches apart. so not all that bad a storm.

Attachments

• hail 1.jpg
    hail 1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 378
  • hail 2.jpg
    hail 2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 375
  • hail 3.jpg
    hail 3.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 378
That really sucks. I have always worried about sudden hail storms that might damage a car. Thanks for posting.

one out of 365 days, the last go round of this kind of stuff was in 2005. that why my son has a motor home and chases hail. but lucky right now for him looks like enough business here that he'll be working at home this summer. if you have never seen the technique of paint-less dent repair he is a video I took of him doing the deer hit repair on the 05 Chevy pickup. a deer had come running down the hill and ran into the side of the truck doing damage on the door and front fender. John spend about 5 hr on the repair. so we speed up the video about 12x.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsT1pVXSlZk[/ame]

try that again [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsT1pVXSlZk[/ame] will that's no better. but it takes you there if you like

Last edited by a moderator:
will it appears like they are going to total out both the Limo and my Geo. dang just got both of them running and looking good to. we have to see what they are going to call salvage on them. leaving the limo out a day or two then the damage on the top started to show up. it broke the half moons in about 6 places on it. the dimples are bigger then a nickle so the computer will not let them figure PDR then it has some on the left side and moldings on the left side. I have no idea were a man could find the trim with the opera lights in it. I some how don't think they were stock Caddy.

What about if you retained the salvage and found LKQ rear deck and hood. Fenders & quarters could be repaired. The moldings should all be GM except for the center door & those could be modified from others. It may use up most of the insurance settlement but you would have the car. But before you "buy it back" for salvage make sure your state will allow it back on the road after it has been branded a T/L and that you can still get comp/collision coverage from your carrier...just a thought.

What about if you retained the salvage and found LKQ rear deck and hood. Fenders & quarters could be repaired. The moldings should all be GM except for the center door & those could be modified from others. It may use up most of the insurance settlement but you would have the car. But before you "buy it back" for salvage make sure your state will allow it back on the road after it has been branded a T/L and that you can still get comp/collision coverage from your carrier...just a thought.

got all that figured out. as it has not passed threw a salvage yard there will be no salvage title on them. the question is only in what the salvage value they attach to the car will be. not if the car is repairable. one thing the hail did not do is hurt the running of it none. but the only value in the car to me is in the ability to show it. once you deduct the salvage value from what they decide the car is worth is there enough left to fix the car?

looked a long time for a decent Brougham body 6 door with a 350. but on the lot what is one worth?? not a lot. what I have in the car and what it's valued at on paper may not be the same.

but repairing this hood or replacing it. I have always found no matter if you go new or used you still end up repairing the panel. this one will get fixed if we end up with the car

Back