Transmission Cooling Lines

Well PCS folks I guess they just don't make them for a 1973 Cadillac. I've searched the internet everywhere, had a couple PCS people search it out, and talked to several transmission shops as well as parts stores all to no avail.

Local transmission shop says they can bend them for me but as one would suspect, at a premium.

Gotta do what you gotta do!

I don't have any idea what could be different from a 69 to a 74 but if it was my car I would either call or go to inline tube.com and I would order this part number and pay them for it.

Attachments

• caddy tranny lines.JPG
    caddy tranny lines.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
But that one would be for a different transmission then you have so do this one it would be for a TH-400 and a 472. Comes out of tranny on the right runs up the frame and goes into the radiator on the right. Get the 60 buck set there standard steel lines

Attachments

• caddy tranny lines.JPG 1969-70.JPG
    caddy tranny lines.JPG 1969-70.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 143
I know and talked with In-Line. I dropped it off at the shop this morning and the guy said they will look at it and no need to replace the lines if they don't need it. He said they can cut and make it work if possible without a total replacement.
Stay tuned, more to come...:cool:

I was sure that you had made the call. I find them very good with what they offer, but if it's not listed it's just not. When you at the mercy of others to assist you you can really chase dollars. Your best bet was to do as you did. Find a man willing to do it and pay him.

Been on both sides of that one in or out of town. Of course me, I never get taken to the cleaners by shops, says the man that just got the $79.50 oil change on his 60 willies. But sometimes you just got to pay for your education and others times you get it free.

See how that works. Now I know were not to take my jeep for a oil change ever again

And so..... YES both lines needed to be changed both in rather rough condition. Since there is no pre-formed cooling lines available mine require custom bending. Might as well deal with a transmission oil pan leak while under there and change the oil, filter, and install a new pan gasket. All n All right at $500. :eek:

Shops

Richard,

It sounds like a lot of cash,but keep in mind that there are less and less shops willing to work on the vintage/older vehicles...especially our "land yachts" aka CC.;)

Around my area,most dont want to "bother" working on a 70's Cadillac.I think part of it is they actually have to have some know-how about the vehicle rather then just being able to "plug in" a computer and be told what the problem is and how to fix it....:confused:

Good Luck and hope its under $500.00 :thumbsup:

Richard,

It sounds like a lot of cash,but keep in mind that there are less and less shops willing to work on the vintage/older vehicles...especially our "land yachts" aka CC.;)

Around my area,most dont want to "bother" working on a 70's Cadillac.I think part of it is they actually have to have some know-how about the vehicle rather then just being able to "plug in" a computer and be told what the problem is and how to fix it....:confused:

Good Luck and hope its under $500.00 :thumbsup:

And better to deal with it now than on the road to Houston in the middle of no where and the line blows. Cost a lot more to get a tow truck and all of that. Terri chews on me about this but she truly would get a piece of my behind if this was 10 pm somewhere. I wanted to put some new rubber under her but that may have to wait. My tires have less than 6000 miles on them but 8 years old.

Back