Bier Pins

Mike, You need two. The forward positioned pin is called typically a stationary. The one to the rear is the adjustable pin. Mr. Jose Molina owns and operates ROYAL COACHWORKS and has access to the pins. And if you need a secondary source. I have two others in mind but I will leave the opportunity open for other members to post their suggestions so I can find a few new suppliers that are not my other two choices. PM me if you want more leeds. Find two pieces of wood dowel that are 7/16 and 1/2 and see which of the two fit perfectly in your tracks. If you can accurately measure a choice as well. Mr Molina will tell you get it right the first time because you own them if he gets them for you. He is a PCS member as well, so he delights in folks that are conservators of vintage funeral coach's.

Mike, Mike and Mike...

Glen who sold you the car has the two bier pins you need.

Call him up and ask him for a set. Don't let him soak you for a set either !

Like Mike says, Mike... there are two sizes so make sure you get the proper ones.

I guess its OPEN MIKE session today !!!

Darren

Hawker - Dayton Corp has them for 144.00 for a set and per pin, 54.00 for stationary and 90.00 for adjustable. Holland Supply Inc. has them also, but do not show a price on their site.

Mike

I don't know what used ones go for but I would hope Glen would help you out.

I would ask him for the set that was in the car or ask him for a deal on a set.
Offer 50.00 if he won't give them to you.

150.00 new sounds good too.
I remember some guys getting point deductions at the PCS meets for rust on theirs.

If you don't plan on carrying a casket, no real hurry in getting a set.
You could wait and find a used set at some point.

Up to you,
Darren

only two?

Only two sizes of pins? I know I have seen two sizes of round pins. I saw a set at a flea market with hex shaped pins. Who used hex shaped pins?
These were rather pricey so I let the seller keep them. The seller was telling me how rare these hex pins were.
Another Mike

I saw a set at a flea market with hex shaped pins. Who used hex shaped pins?

Superior used hex-shaped pins, at least through the late 50's. Their name for them was "Roto-Hex". Instead of a screw type pin that you would tighten to secure the casket, the Roto-Hex pins were positioned into the hexagonal holes in the table or floor in a position that give the tightest fit.

Superior_Royale_3_way_hearse_285.jpg

Does anyone know what year Superior went to the round pins (my 1988 has them)?

Only two sizes of pins? I know I have seen two sizes of round pins. I saw a set at a flea market with hex shaped pins. Who used hex shaped pins?
These were rather pricey so I let the seller keep them. The seller was telling me how rare these hex pins were.
Another Mike
My 1951 Superior had the hex shaped bier pin holes Mike. Not sure though when everyone went to round from hex. Did find a set of round ones that worked well in the hex holes.

Back