1968 Superior Ambulance

A few days ago I visited a place called Elite 911 in Toronto. He sells new and used Ambulances. Anywho.... I walked into his showroom and sitting there was this blue 1968 Superior Cadillac Combination. after talking to this guy for a few minutes we started talking about this 68.

I first asked him if he was a member of the PCS and he didn't know what it was so I told himabout the club .....he didn't seem too interested, but he asked me what I thought it was worth ? I told him i could find out a ball park fiqure.

The story he told me was.......... it belonged to some older gentleman from Missouri and he used to show it at car shows and such ( not sure he might have been a PCS member ) anyways he died and his widow contacted him about buying it which he did. It seem to be all orginal or restored, its painted a light blue, with blue and white interior, has all the period equipment, and a 472 in it and it shows 50,000 miles on the clock ! he says he has the removable Landau panels for it

This car is very very clean. !!!

of course I did take pictures of but I have tried to upload them to my photo album but it won't work ?

anyways he doesn't really seem like a collector of old pro-cars I think he is more interested in selling new Ambulances. and he MIGHT sell if the price was right who knows ?

if anyone knows who might have owned this car or can help with a appox value ( I know pictures would help ) ???

if anyone wants to see the pictures I could email u them

sound like a it might make some one a nice car. the 68 is to me a good year. first for the 472 and still has stacked lights. of course those of us that have one kind of lean that way.

Which is it - an ambulance or a combination?

If it's a combination, it sounds like the Sovereign Limousine that was owned by the retired police chief in Raytown, MO. Does it have a newer #175-D on the roof and a #66-L behind the grille, with AMBULANCE inserts in the rear windows?

I remember that car!

If my memory is correct, it is a Sovereign limousine combination with removable landau panels. We were interested in purchasing that car from the lady in MO several years ago, but her price was prohibitive. If no pictures have been posted by the time I get home later, I can post a few.

After posting this, I read Steve's post above. The car I am referring to is indeed the one from Raytown.

Which is it - an ambulance or a combination?

If it's a combination, it sounds like the Sovereign Limousine that was owned by the retired police chief in Raytown, MO. Does it have a newer #175-D on the roof and a #66-L behind the grille, with AMBULANCE inserts in the rear windows?

sorry it is a combination and yes it does have a #175-D on the roof. it now has a red Cross with the words PARAMEDICS in the rear windows so it sounds like the same car.

This is the car I was talking about:

(SL photo, 1994)

Attachments

• 1968 SC.jpg
    1968 SC.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 433
thats it....it looks in the same shape also

I'm emailing pictures I took, to Paul yates so he can post them tonight or tomorrow.

sorry but I'm on dial up and I can't sent s#%T on dial up

I will stop by and check it out.

My first procar was a '68 and I loved it.

Too bad this is Christmas eve !

A few days won't kill me,
Darren

I will stop by and check it out.

My first procar was a '68 and I loved it.

Too bad this is Christmas eve !

A few days won't kill me,
Darren

he told me that The place is CLOSED for the next two weeks but u can see it in the window

Its up on Dufferin Street north of the Downsview airport

Is it the same car owned by the Demers ambulances shop? They got it in their showroom back in 2005. I heard they sold it for 10k...

This car was used in a miniserie:

Still have a lot of picture of this combo not scanned yet.. The pics I posted are stills from the miniserie im talking about. very nice car for sure. I first saw it from outdoors in the window and went on the shooting of "Le negociateur" (The nogociator) Tv serie shot around 2005 and took a lot of pictures. Always wondered where the car went and was from before.

send me yours via email I will compare !

Here are Mikes pics. Very pretty indeed.

ambulance911014.jpg

ambulance911023.jpg

ambulance911024.jpg

ambulance911022.jpg

ambulance911025.jpg

This is the same !

This sale explains why the picture car company used another ambulance in the movie on Jacques Mesrines life.

This is a gorgeous combination coach. So gorgeous in fact, that my wife Lucille has given me the 'green light" to buy it, as long as I can find the money. So, maybe I will hit the lottery, or something like that!

Back