Do These Qualify As "Barn Finds"?

Well, the Academy Grey '88 Eureka Concourse is headed to a new home within the PCS family! It will be back in service once again!

So, I swapped out the wheel covers on the '90 Crown this morning. I don't personally care for wire wheel covers on Cadillacs, so I just put the standard(base) Cadillac wheel covers for '90 on it.

This coach has a vibration at 40 mph and I know that it is not the tires as I have changed those out as well. Any ideas as to where I should start in figuring this out?

Attachments

• '90 Crown- No Wires.jpg
    '90 Crown- No Wires.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 155
bent wheel or drive line, first place to check. funny how the wheel will show up at just one speed. the drive like will usually get worse as e speed goes up.

I agree, the wheel covers look so much better than the wire caps on the early 90's coaches.

Attachments

• 98 hearse 599.jpg
    98 hearse 599.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 136
Actually swapped out rims and tires, so we can rule out those. Tony Karsnia had also mentioned that the drive shaft may be the issue as it tended to be a problem on S&S/Superiors of this vintage. I will give your test a try tomorrow Pete.

The "duck tail" roof is, sort of, growing on me.

Check drive shaft. Drive to 45 shift to neutral coast does vibration remain constant? If so points even more to driveshaft issue. If it stops then some where in motor or trans area.

Maybe the Center Drive Shaft Support Bearing? I am anxious for us to find out what the problem is/was!

Both coaches('90 Superior Cadillac Crown and the '88 Eureka Cadillac Concours) now have new homes with PCS members where they will be enjoyed and preserved.

I have had my '75 S&S 3-Way for probably 8 years, my '74 M-M Hi-Top for 3 years, my '75 Superior 54" amb. for probably 6-7 years and my many Mopars for 15-20 years.

These 2 coaches were purchsed merely to see that they were saved and preserved. I had no interest in keeping either one of these any longer than I had to. No room at the Inn! My building and garage are full. Unfortunately, about 20 others were crushed that shouldn't have been.

Wheel bearing?

My '73 Cadillac/Lifeliner had the same issue except at 45 mph. Turned out to be a wheel bearing.

I have had my '75 S&S 3-Way for probably 8 years, my '74 M-M Hi-Top for 3 years, my '75 Superior 54" amb. for probably 6-7 years and my many Mopars for 15-20 years.

These 2 coaches were purchsed merely to see that they were saved and preserved. I had no interest in keeping either one of these any longer than I had to. No room at the Inn! My building and garage are full. Unfortunately, about 20 others were crushed that shouldn't have been.

What were they? Could parts have been stripped off of them before they were crushed? I know it isn't possible to save them all, but sometimes, if enough people take one, that will lessen the ones that are crushed. I often see cars for sale in the $1000 - $1500 range, and the seller says if they are not bought, he will have them crushed. The crushers don't pay very much, so why don't they sell them for the crush value if they don't want them any longer?

It all happened very quickly. The decision was made by the owner to clear the building. I was there twice for half of a day each time and I was only focused on pulling coach builder-related parts and I still couldn't stay ahead of the guy driving the roll-back. The guy that bought those that were shredded took them to his acreage long enough to pull the radiators and cat. converters. They then went to Alter's Metal Recycling where they were dropped onto the conveyor. Alter's has a shredder, so these were not even crushed.

Back