examples

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
to go along with what is being asked her I'll give you some examples of getting the most car you can for the money. took my Cousin up to pic up a 75 Pontiac Catalina 4 door the car came out of central Montana. except when it was built it has never till now been out of state. shows less then 20,000 on the clock. always garaged driven on occasion never ignored will cared for car. price was right.

so do we just wash it up and drive it or first fix the problems of the 75 GM 4 door car. we cleaned it up and I noticed that the top under the back glass was dirty with caked on dirt. a little wire brush and it's clean all most but we have a small spot on top that may be lose. original top still in good shape. so it's pop the moldings off to clean up and see. standard problem with GM cars of these years. the mud is caked under the molding and the trough is full all the way across. the top is loose all the way across also.

so this sharp car needs taken apart cleaned up and repaired. do it now and it will last another 40 years don't do it and it rusted threw and junk in 5 because you have removed it from the pace it was being preserved at and dropped it in a different environment. even if you get the greatest looking car on the road you will have to fix and maintain it.

in this case we had to peal the top back, clean the trough with large amounts of soap, water, a wire brush and elbow grease. then treat what little rust had formed and re-glue the top in place. buff the molding as they were off and enjoy the car. not a lot of difference in appearance when we got done. but a necessary task to preform.

Attachments

• IMG_2104a.jpg
    IMG_2104a.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_2106a.jpg
    IMG_2106a.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_2108a.jpg
    IMG_2108a.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_2120.jpg
    IMG_2120.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 160
odd that it has air from Montana. guess they wanted to stay cool in the black car.

but the point I was trying to make is if you don't go threw a good car and clean out the catches, repair the small things and all. it rapidly becomes a junk car. you can find, one pay for it and use it up. or like the boys in Cuba and other places in the country buy it once maintain it and it yours for life. I like this one a lot better then the Honda. snow tires and all. get all the little stuff done we will hate to see it leave.

Back