Lifeliner side-rear glass removal?

Bill Leverett

PCS Member/Super Site Supporter/Paramedic Supervis
What's the best way to remove the side-rear glass from my '73 Lifeliner? Is it installed from the inside or the outside? The body/paint guy I'm planning on using wants the glass out so he can properly fix some rusty areas below the window.

Thanks

I removed the glass from my 1969 Miller Meteor by removing all the trim from the interior and then the glass came out by pushing it form the outside. It isn't difficult, but it is time consuming. I suggest that you do it yourself, and make sure to take a lot of pictures so you know what goes where when you put it back together. I would bag the parts separately and number each bag. Also, if you remove the door handles and locks, make sure to bag each of them separately and mark which door they are from.

I removed the glass from my 1969 Miller Meteor by removing all the trim from the interior and then the glass came out by pushing it form the outside. It isn't difficult, but it is time consuming. I suggest that you do it yourself, and make sure to take a lot of pictures so you know what goes where when you put it back together. I would bag the parts separately and number each bag. Also, if you remove the door handles and locks, make sure to bag each of them separately and mark which door they are from.

Good Info Paul as I /We found out in Albany when we Looked at My door locks and they(body shop) had Put the wrong cylinders in the wrong doors etc

Russ

all the MM should come out the same. you will find that flat of rubber that sets over the molding in the out side just a finish piece. but I have found a can of wd-40 to be vary helpful in softening up the old rubber. it will also soften the sealer and help cutting the hard stuff loose from the rubber. spray it literally everywhere you can. most of the ones I have found are just pushed to the out side in a sealer then tabs screwed to the frame to hold the glass in place. when you go back together used some silicone to seal. check the grommet ad see if it the same on both sides like the superior one is.

Back