Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Professional Car Discussion > General Discussion Forum

Notices

General Discussion Forum For the general discussion of Professional Cars.

Old 03-02-2018, 11:05 PM
PCS Past President / Senior Website Administrator

Thanked 11,656 Times in 3,812 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Marcy View Post
John, you need to have an upholstery shop make and install the headliners. The same shop can reupholster your front seat. I use Falls Automotive in Little Falls, NJ 973 890 0268 ask for Jeff and tell him I sent you. These are nice guys, clean shop, finish work in a timely manner and they have supported a couple of car events, so I am happy to recommend them to you. They did a fabulous job on the front seat in my 68 Superior, they also installed a new rubber mat on the floor.
Why did they use green material in a blue vehicle? The work looks great, however, I would have picked a blue color for the seats, to complement the blue exterior.
Old 03-03-2018, 10:54 AM
PCS Member / EMT / PARAMEDIC

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm also having trouble finding a new windshield wiper control console. Not the switch but the black plastic housing. I've typed in 70 Cadillac and 2 come up but not one with the mounting screws.
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2018, 04:23 PM

That part was molded by the body builder, and you are going to need to find one based on who built your car. Not a standard Cadillac part, except for the switch itself.
Old 03-03-2018, 05:37 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 2,910 Times in 1,375 Posts
Groans: 1
Default WHAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Steinberg View Post
Why did they use green material in a blue vehicle? The work looks great, however, I would have picked a blue color for the seats, to complement the blue exterior.
Paul, the original interior colors on my Pontiac are an olive green and Parchmint 'pearl white" since it was new. Now, I have no doubt that sometimes the exterior looks blue, but it is actually Meridian Turquoise, which is a 1968 Pontiac color. The fact is the original color when it was new, was sort of a pastel green. later changed to Omaha Orange and when I bought it, it was Meridian Turquise and we kept it that color. Very few people comment negatively about the color combination either, maybe because they both are good looking, even if they don't actually go together. I don't know, but people seem to think its a good looking ambulance and it ends there. See attached picture of the jump seat, it is original, same colors are also on the door panels.
Attached Images

Past Northeast Chapter President
Past BoD Member
Co-Chair PCS 1999 Lancaster Meet

And I have to say that I enjoyed every minute of it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Marcy For This Useful Post:
Kurt Arends (03-03-2018), Paul Steinberg  (03-03-2018)
Old 03-03-2018, 10:06 PM

thanks for the explanation. It also might be how the colors show up on my monitor.

I still like the car, and you have done a great job with it...
Old 03-03-2018, 10:26 PM
PCS Member - Elected Director 2017-2020

Thanked 14,353 Times in 6,060 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

there is a product called quick bond. you can get it at the parts store. Rapid fix is another version like it . with it and a little imagination you can repair any plastic part. living were I do you learn you have to fix things rather then wait for them to surface years latter. that would be a superior only piece they used it for 2 or three years. as the door is superior with only enough gm frame to marry up to the cowl. most of them look just like the one you are holding.
Old 03-03-2018, 11:51 PM
PCS Member / EMT / PARAMEDIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by John ED Renstrom View Post
there is a product called quick bond. you can get it at the parts store. Rapid fix is another version like it . with it and a little imagination you can repair any plastic part. living were I do you learn you have to fix things rather then wait for them to surface years latter. that would be a superior only piece they used it for 2 or three years. as the door is superior with only enough gm frame to marry up to the cowl. most of them look just like the one you are holding.
Just my luck lol. I'm going to "fix" it so it''s usable and works until I find a better one. I'm sure I'll come across it eventually. Now I know why it's been so hard to locate.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:25 AM
PCS Member - Elected Director 2017-2020

Thanked 14,353 Times in 6,060 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

With little thought and patience you can fix it better then new. The products use a combination of super glue and a power to bond the parts back together. Using tape you can bridge holes reforming the missing edges and eyelets. The product sets fast and hard can be sanded and painted. Once set it is harder then the origional. So far i have not found a plastic you can't fix with it. The only thing you can't do is match the texture the original past was cast in.