Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Classifieds Forum Open to the Public > Wanted

Wanted All responses to these posts, such as price, etc. should be done by Private Message or eMail. Posts may be removed after 30 days or at our discretion. Posting in this forum is limited to PCS Members and / or Site Supporters. We encourage all website users to become members of the Professional Car Society and / or become Site Supporter.

Old 12-18-2017, 11:45 AM
Website Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Again thanks for all the advice. I bought a 68 so my search has come to an end. As soon as I find out if the 75 is still available I will make a post in the craigslist section with what I know on the chance anyone else here may be interested
Old 12-20-2017, 12:45 AM
Website Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Sherwin View Post
Also as an addendum to my last post I asked WHY it doesnt have a title. He told me the story:

It was originally owned by a local funeral home, and the title was in the name of the funeral home, not a person. That funeral home went out of business and another funeral home bought that home and changed the name. That home was in the process of getting a new title when they sold the hearse to an employee.

Said employee started college in texas and had to sell the hearse to afford to move to texas. Thats when this guy got it, so thats why there no title.

As I said though I am hoping he gets the transmission issue sorted out, as long as it doesnt turn out to be a bigger issue. I will have to wait and see.
Probably beating a dead horse here but the coach has gone through three subsequent "owners" and nobody has attempted to clear up the ownership issue? How far in the process did the FH get in the issuance of the title? Did they actually get a title? Did the FH contend that the employee never got the title because they were still owed for the coach? Is the student holding the title because the present owner still owes him money on the coach? Too many twists and turns here and without a trip to the DMV or PD for a registered owner and lien check I would walk away. Seen too many of these "deals" go sideways.

An extreme case here but still true. Three states, one original issued title, title issued by another state by request of executor of estate who was aware of original title (family feud, step parent) original title transferred plates issued in new state, duplicate title sent to original title state, car sold and registered by second party after the original title changed in second state.
The second and third state had reasons they would not get involved and the original state first said that the estate title was a fraudulent act but later decided that it was not criminal but a civil matter and they would not get involved. Bottom line, the son that was the holder of the original title signed by his father to him was left holding the bag even though he titled and registered the vehicle before his father passed and the subsequent title issued in another state to the executor of the estate.

I never put a dime into any vehicle until I have a title issued in my name. Your results may vary.
Old 12-20-2017, 06:20 AM
PCS Past President / Senior Website Administrator

Thanked 11,602 Times in 3,788 Posts
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Sherwin View Post
Also as an addendum to my last post I asked WHY it doesnt have a title. He told me the story:

It was originally owned by a local funeral home, and the title was in the name of the funeral home, not a person. That funeral home went out of business and another funeral home bought that home and changed the name. That home was in the process of getting a new title when they sold the hearse to an employee.

Said employee started college in texas and had to sell the hearse to afford to move to texas. Thats when this guy got it, so thats why there no title.

As I said though I am hoping he gets the transmission issue sorted out, as long as it doesnt turn out to be a bigger issue. I will have to wait and see.
Have you ever heard about the Eiffel Tower being sold? Not once, but twice, by the same person! Read about it here.

Now, if you are bound and determined to buy something without a title, I have a great deal for you on a bridge. I will sell you all my rights in the George Washington Bridge for only $100. Just think about all the tolls that you can collect in just 5 minutes that will pay back your investment. To make sure that this is a legitimate, I will have a spam invoice sent to you by someone named Jeff that lives somewhere in cyberspace.

Don't give up your money, until you see a title. A real title, that you can hold in your hand, and fondle between your fingers, feeling the paper that you know is real.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:59 AM
Website Member

Thanks, I didnt buy the title-less 75. I actually bought a 68 and have the title in hand now
The Following User Says Thank You to Blake Sherwin For This Useful Post:
Richard Vyse (12-20-2017)