Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Classifieds Forum Open to the Public > eBay Listings Discussion Forum

eBay Listings Discussion Forum This is a discussion forum for eBay listings of Professional Cars and related items. This forum is not intended to become a search engine for eBay items. Posts with multiple listings will be deleted. Please search to see if the information has been previously posted. Titles must clearly define the discussion. DO NOT POST JUST LINKS! Please explain what the listing is about to start the discussion. Posts that don't meet these requirements may be deleted without notice. Posts may be removed after 30 days or at our discretion.

Old 10-04-2015, 01:42 PM
Website Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 1959 Cadillac Other FLEETWOOD

So, any thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271999328981...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2015, 02:40 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 1,795 Times in 995 Posts

This looks like a pretty fair car I have a 62 75 that ran and drove when it came here motor and trans were excellent. I would bid on this but I have my six door and with Wellsboro need no more projects. This would be a good way for someone to get a cheap 59.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:14 PM
PCS Elected Director 2016 - 2018

Thanked 13,952 Times in 5,884 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

I'm betting it at least dibbles in the next hr
Old 10-04-2015, 08:46 PM
Website Member

I actually have been in touch with the seller over the past week or so...I had a mechanic go out and look at it for me. I asked the mechanic to take a few pics of key areas that are not shown in the pics on E-Bay, but he took NO PICTURES AT ALL....
That said, I have been told by the seller that the front floors need to be replaced, and the rear floors need patches. The seller said the rockers need some patches; the mechanic said that the rockers need more than patches...that they would need to be replaced...Mechanic said that the rear pans might need patches too...Not very difinitive for an "expert opinion".. The seller said, "...normal 59 rust spots..." "...Also has old patchwork behind rear wheels"...
He said that he has a '59 Superior hearse, and says, "I'd rather build the 59 hearse into the ghostbusters Ecto1". "The rear bumper is solid with good ends the center rear bumper the chrome is weak. Front bumper is good but will need at least lower ends as they have some holes starting in them."
He said that he would be able to send me a pic of the VIN on the frame, but he never did...he said that he would send me a pic of the back seat that shows the center divider/jump seat area, but never did...I asked if the jump seats were there, but I did not get a clear answer...I am not sure if they are there or not....the mechanic said that he does not remember if they were there...
The seller e-mailed me a picture of the title. The vehicle is titled in IL, not MD where the seller lives and the vehicle is...The title is not in the seller's name...the owner on the title is, "Auto Imports Inc" in Decator, IL. I understand that many people skip title when selling a vehicle, but I will not buy one that has been skipped...maybe I am too careful??

I was actually going to purchase it....I am not sure if the seller is honest or not; he may very well be, but I need more to feel comfortable...I am not in a position where I can drive or travel to the East Coast during a hurricane, or in clear weather for that matter...I cannot get away right now. So, I guess I will not be purchasing this one...bummer, beacuse I would have liked to have it.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:58 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 5,670 Times in 2,094 Posts
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

You likely did the best thing by avoiding this one.

It needs a full restoration and who knows about the frame with all the water damage on the inside and rear compartment.

It would be about 1500.00 for emblem and trim replacement alone.

1960 Cadillac S/S Victoria 3way Hearse
1960 Cadillac MM Futura Hearse
1962 Cadillac MM Landau Hearse
1962 Cadillac MM Futura Hearse
1973 Cadillac Superior 3way Hearse
Old 10-04-2015, 09:08 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 4,779 Times in 2,211 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

The overseas buyers won't be interested in this one since the engine and transmission have been pulled. They buy a lot of project cars, but really tend to steer away from incomplete cars(basket cases).
The Following User Says Thank You to Kurt Arends For This Useful Post:
James Fischer (10-04-2015)
Old 10-04-2015, 09:50 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 2,082 Times in 848 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Arends View Post
The overseas buyers won't be interested in this one since the engine and transmission have been pulled. They buy a lot of project cars, but really tend to steer away from incomplete cars(basket cases).
Your right about that Kurt !
My 60 Cad went to Hong Kong this summer,and I also had another 60 that I was willing to GIVE to them (needed new or rebulit motor).....they did not want it at all....

1970 Superior Cadillac 54" Super Rescuer
1972 Superior Cadillac Model 626
Old 10-09-2015, 07:18 PM
PCS Member

The very first thing an overseas buyer looks for is a TITLE.
US customs will not let a vehicle out of the country without a TITLE.
Bill of sale is no good.