Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Professional Car Discussion > 2015 PCS International Meet

2015 PCS International Meet For postings directly related to the 2015International Meet. All others will be deleted.

Old 06-06-2015, 10:33 PM
PCS Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg D. Merksamer View Post
OOOH! I could have used these Houston skyline photos for the preview press kits had you parked pro-cars on that bridge a few months ago. Count on me to hit you up for any high-res versions you might have for post-show coverage. Though I'm doubtful its pro-cars can be gotten quickly out the door for exterior shots, I CAN vouch the Funeral Service Museum is astounding, having spent several hours inside it during my last Houston trip in 2008. My visit took place the day AFTER my Aunt Liz's funeral, which obviously struck my Uncle Norman (now dearly departed also) as an odd place to go. That this month's opportunity to visit is coming seven years after the last one likely validates my decision! What's always intriguing about Houston in general is how much it grows between visits, especially as there's no terrain or even zoning to limit the sprawl. Even the 20-year-old Houston road maps in my collection are useless beyond the downtown loop - the Sam Houston Parkway where our host Hyatt is situated was just a dashed line labeled PROPOSED - while my 1950s New York region maps have still-recognizable routes and I had no trouble using mid-1970s Chicago road maps for my 2013 trip to PCS Milwaukee until current ones could be purchased.
Glad someone else is still doing directions the old fashioned way. My wife suggested getting GPS in the rental car for an additional $10/day- I said "no way!" Speaking of which, if you have not booked a car yet... I saved A LOT by picking the car up at the Budget car rental at 10743 NORTH FREEWAY instead of at the airport. Seems it's all about where you pick it up- the drop off location doesn't matter though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Noah Dorsey For This Useful Post:
William Koryciak (06-07-2015)
Old 06-06-2015, 10:47 PM
PCS Member

Talking A few moments ago from the camera atop the San Jacinto Monument

To the PCS Members, This was taken from Earth Cam, a few moments ago! We are excited about next week and the 2015 PCS International Meet in Houston, Texas. Our week to include: Old air terminals, monuments, battleships, fire trucks, Presidents & Popes, Howard Hughes, grave yards, "Old Sparky," prisons, cows & bulls, chuck wagons, "Peckerwoods" and a few surprises that are yet forth coming.

WE WILL SEE YOU STARTING TUESDAY!
Attached Images

Old 06-07-2015, 12:10 AM
PCS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Koryciak View Post
To the PCS Members, This was taken from Earth Cam, a few moments ago! We are excited about next week and the 2015 PCS International Meet in Houston, Texas. Our week to include: Old air terminals, monuments, battleships, fire trucks, Presidents & Popes, Howard Hughes, grave yards, "Old Sparky," prisons, cows & bulls, chuck wagons, "Peckerwoods" and a few surprises that are yet forth coming.

WE WILL SEE YOU STARTING TUESDAY!
That is some great information, particularly about the car rentals. The hotel offers a free shuttle from the airport. I am sure once you are set up at the hotel, you can get courtesy transportation from most car rental companies to/from the hotel if you rent one of their cars. That should save some bucks! Although, I haven't confirmed it yet..., I'm not sure if Texas still accepts U.S. Currency! LOL
Old 06-07-2015, 02:56 PM
PCS Elected Director 2016 - 2018

Thanked 13,806 Times in 5,828 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

no me the only tec I got is a grAMMAN. IF iM FLYING I GOES WITH ME. 10 BUCKS A DAY WOULD BUY YOU ONE IN A WEEK. DARN NEW KEY BOARD NOT USE TO IT. keep hitting the cap lock when I do an a.