Upcoming Meeting!

Rick Duffy

PCS Past President 2010 - 2012
Dear Members and fellow Board Members.

Hopefully, everyone had a terrific fall and a wonderful and blessed holiday season and welcomed another New Year of professional car enthusiasm!

Aside from those in warmer climates, who I trust are still cruising, most of us were able to winterize our vehicles and store them for this unexpectedly COLD winter.

In order to keep the lines of communication open, I have availed myself to all members, chapter presidents, offices and board members, since our meeting last August. I had hoped to send out a quarterly letter, but time constraints and a plethora of activities, kept me from doing so. Now that the depression of the Steelers loss in the Super Bowl has subsided, I wanted to send out an invitation to participate in the Mid-Winter Board Meeting, to be held next weekend at the 6th Annual Micro-Meet in Flint, MI.

While Flint may not be the warmest climate, I can assure you that Brady and Janet Smith, Kim and James McDonald and Russell and Barb Dalziel will undoubtedly host yet another perfect event, as the Michigan and Motor City Chapters converge on the Plumb-Smith Funeral Home and Brady’s Garaj –Mahal!

Needless to say, I think everyone knows there have been a few issues we’ve been dealing with since we last met. Matters ranging from Senior Car Class determination/ designation, International Meet bids, recruitment and retention of membership, TPC magazine circulation, by-laws and the recent JFK Ambulance controversy have just been a couple of things with which we’ve been dealing. In addition, we have had several excellent publications and great press since last summer! It is my hope to address these issues and many more during the Mid-Winter Board Meeting in Flint, next weekend.

Once again, I extend an invitation to all of you to come to Flint and enjoy this fantastic time! If you are unable to make the trip, but would like to address specific issues that the board should discuss, please send these items to me, so I can add them to our meeting agenda. duffyfc@pitt.edu or please contact me in-person if you so desire. I can be reached at 412 551-0020 or 1800 474-4437 ext.272.

A few of discussion items already on the agenda are:

• Annual CLC Award at the International Meet (Should the awardees receive a membership in CLC?) (Msrs. Baruzza and Merkshammer)

• Non-PCS Members and Vendors at International Meetings (Mr. Steinberg and Mr. Petke)

• Senior Class Designation

• PCS Publications

• Upcoming Bids for International Meetings (Mr. Petke)

• Website ownership and previous website copyright infringement

• Insurance (current DO Liability and adequate coverage for events, Ms. Boston)

• TPC Circulation (Increasing awareness, Msrs. Smith and Hamlin)

• PCS Survey (What members really want from the Society, Mr. Beyer)

I’m sure that there will be quite a few more matters discussed, so don’t hesitate to add to the discussion, by participating fully, either in-person, by mail or by phone! We hope to hear from you!

I just know that an up-to the-minute accounting of all the weekend’s festivities will be available in (nearly REAL TIME) on the Official Website professionalcarsociety.org

Hope to see you in Flint!

Rick

PS. ONWARD AND UPWARD!

And what about that great Super Bowl this year Mr. President? That was great!xmass

Still feeling pretty good!

Well Chief Ron,

I thought it was fabulous!

I can honestly tell you that the GREAT Pittsburgh Steelers had an EXCELLENT year, without their star QB for 4 games and STILL made it to the BIG dance.

Someone had to lose and unfortunately, the Black and Yellow could not capitalize on thier overwhelming stats, but instead, fell vanquished from a win through several costly mistakes.

We are indeed humbled by the experience, but having been to the Super Bowl 8 times and having 6 Super Bowl (Vince Lombardi Trophies) to our credit (more than any other team) I am able to hold my head high.:applause:

I believe there will be other opportunities in the VERY forseeable future, to build that "Stairway to Seven!":halo:

Thanks for your concern and sentiments!;)

I'll see you in Flint!:D

Rick

*Is that barking I hear coming from the Dawg Pound?":loser:

:D

:yum:

first liar never has a chance around her. some one tell me whats a super bowl? one that holds a whole box of cheerios?? :yum:

Back