tool of the day

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
will really two of them. one I have had a long time the other I found on e-bay. so what are they?

Attachments

• IMG_4952.jpg
    IMG_4952.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 516
I was going to guess one is a "thingamajig" and the other is a "whatchamacallit".

Is the one on the right used to straighten the top or bottom of a bumper?

I'll let this go one more day. Though Bill you are close on the shape of the tool. And there is nothing to compare size with. The black on is about a half inch around and a inch tall. The silver one about 6inches over all.

Most of us with out these tool would use a flat blade screwdriver with maybe a hammer to do what they do. On tool will save paint the other damage to trim.

The small round one is a bezel nut removing and installing tool. The other one I have no idea. I thought that it might be for removing paint can lids.

OK here they are in use. the one is a KD windshield wiper arm remover, I have had it since the 70s. the other is for the locking ring on the wiper transmission that holds the bezel in place

Attachments

• IMG_4951a.jpg
    IMG_4951a.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 390
Tools

Same use tools just a little variation of the style.

Attachments

• 20161206_175653.jpg
    20161206_175653.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 207
Tool ID

Here is one , used on suspensions front and rear.

Attachments

• 20161206_202105.jpg
    20161206_202105.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 186
  • 20161206_202112.jpg
    20161206_202112.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 184
Dan I wish I had that socket every time I do that. But I have to bit my tongue the wiper arm remover is not a KD but is Cornwell cf-85 so old it was made in the USA.

in reality I have found the cheaper lines usually work will I have take the center door window cranks off with my harbor fright took but not my stap-on.

I had the same problem in the 66 I did for Jim. so to keep things going were did you get the shock socket? been a lot of time I wish I had one.

here is one more of those hand dandy tools that work for one thing only but ford gm and Chrysler used them on some of there cars.

Attachments

• IMG_4977.jpg
    IMG_4977.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 159
Socket

in reality I have found the cheaper lines usually work will I have take the center door window cranks off with my harbor fright took but not my stap-on.

I had the same problem in the 66 I did for Jim. so to keep things going were did you get the shock socket? been a lot of time I wish I had one.

here is one more of those hand dandy tools that work for one thing only but ford gm and Chrysler used them on some of there cars.

Its a Snap On ,I would guess they still make them . They make 2 or 3 different sizes.

that last one pictures was designed to put back in the windshield clips after you lost one taking off the molding. but they only fit the one size. now there are so many of the out there one could not have a tool for every one.

Attachments

• IMG_4982.jpg
    IMG_4982.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 135
Here is an interesting tool. Do you know what it is? First picture shows the "top" side, and the second, the underside. The third picture is with a dollar bill and a nickel, to give you a size reference. I covered the manufacturers name, so you can't Google it...

Attachments

• MVC-010L.JPG
    MVC-010L.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 110
  • MVC-011L.JPG
    MVC-011L.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 108
  • MVC-012L.JPG
    MVC-012L.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 104
Back