Cot repair/parts?

I glanced around with the search function but didn't see any information about this. If it has been discussed before I apologize. Is there any resources available for cot repair or parts that anyone is aware of? We have one part on our cot that has been broken since we purchased our car. I have spoke to an area welder who believes he can weld/braze the light material that the part is made out of. If no other options are found we may give that a try.

Attachments

• cot1.jpg
    cot1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 248
  • cot2.jpg
    cot2.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 251
  • cot3.jpg
    cot3.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 246
repair/parts?

ALUMALLOY I believe this is the name of the product. I made note of it awhile back when a similar topic was discussed.

Ferno Washington still has parts. A friend of mine took two #26 to their service center in Nashville, TN and had them both repaired. They also have the correct wheel for your cot. Call Ferno and see where their nearest service center is.

Ferno Washington still has parts. A friend of mine took two #26 to their service center in Nashville, TN and had them both repaired. They also have the correct wheel for your cot. Call Ferno and see where their nearest service center is.
That almost certainly depends on the individual repair shops. They are private companies under contract, not part of the FW company, so each shop is different.

The ambulance service I used to work for routinely had stretchers welded at a local welding shop. (I don't know if that met any FDA guidelines at the time, but we kept using them and nobody fell off, as far as I knew. I had nicer cots in my antique ambulances than what we were using in service. :eek:)

The shop in Nashville, TN was just off Gallatin Rd not far from where Wakefield Superior Sales used to be located. They had a huge selection of parts for all Ferno cots from the older ones to the new models with electric motors on them. I swear they could build a model 26 or 27 cot with new parts they had in stock. Wishful thinking.

Back